SBC vs. SBF

Bam

haha Tinman has a SBC.2 set up.....just heads and intake would cost more than buying an LS1/T56 set up. you can also get a carb intake for an LS1. it may have a classic look but the trend now is fuel injection and LS swaps.

I found an 2000 ls1 w/ ecu, wiring, accessories, auto trans, etc, w/ 83k on it for $2900 obo within a 2 hr drive, the guy said its still in the car, and could hear it run.

good deal? i might ask the guy if he'll sell without the trans.

Guest Removed
well you've got a bbf, no way I'm considering that, but all things considered, cost per hp, chebys seem cheaper.

so i have a bbf now.. i have had a few yates headed sbfs in my day and lots of sbc and bbc stuff come thru my garage. ;)

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y196/gearhead559/100_0762-2.jpghttp://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y196/gearhead559/100_0764-1.jpg

this one im doing for someone now, ill be posting pics later in the week on this one.

and the only reasons the chevys are cheaper is that (aftermarket) ford cylinder heads have a higher price to them. and when your looking for hard too find factory parts, you going to pay out the nose anyway.some ford stuff is more, but not as bad as mopar stuff is getting. :burn:

You could consider a forged 4.6l it would probably be a good bit cheaper. I'm not sure if they have a carb setup for the '03 style heads, but I can assure you they will handle 550rwhp. 550 NA would most likely be impossible, but they handle spray and boost nicely.

I dont think this option would be cheaper.

Guest powers
I dont think this option would be cheaper.

Not at all in any way.

Matt find a used stock 351 block and crank(Don L's). But a set of scat forged I beam rods and a set of ross pistons.

Find some used aluminum heads and match the cam, intake, and heads up. Add spray plate. Fun, realiable, cheap, can easily make 500+rw on spray (which is more than enough in a street car).