80s Tbird turbo rear in fox?

Stimmel1647545512

yes the hosuings are the same width ( I know this becuase I have one right here in front of me right next to an 8.8 from a mustang)

take off the cover remove the cross pin push the axles in a little and remove the c-clips be carefull not to let the spider gears move around to much aft the c-clips are out pull out the axles and put in the axles from your mustang this is also a good time to check your axle bearings and seals

right on cool, i was thinking about doing this because i can get a nice tc rear with 373s for dirt cheap i dont know if i want to tear my rear apart myself but i would be more than willing to pay you or someone else to come by and put my mustang axles in, will shorter axles still let me use a 245 tire?

and do you have a list of parts i need? master cylinder and what not?

i need to get the mustang and the GS going soon

Thanks man keep in touch

you can purchase the calipers, rotors and pads for a 93 cobra from autozone, good luck finding the mounting plates though. in the long run, cheaper to do 5 lug and buy new rims. or just put the t-bird rear end in and deal with the extra width. I've had a vert with a t-bird rear, gt with a 5lug swap i did and another gt that i put a '04 IRS in.

message me if you need some help

right on thanks alot man, ill most likely get the tbird rear end since i can get it basically free, my differential is out of my gt now and i thought about going 5 lug but i dunno i like mt stock pony rims haha but yea ill prob need some help and aren't the backing plates avaliable on ebay or where would i need to find them?

the car is up stored in my familys land now in a shop i have and would be more than willing to pay someone who has expertise in this area i have all the tools would just like a helping hand and some info

thanks guys

its a 71 skylark pretty rough but you can check it out sometime motor is currently apart....

all you need to put that rear in your car are the axles from your mustang they are a tiny bit shorter the rest of the rear end bolts right in and works with all your stock stuff

right on nice project my 68 gs 400 convert is all apart too well body and interior motor and tranny are sound 455 stage 1 stuff

and are you sure about the direct bolt in, i have heard and read alot about needed all this stuff but ill take your word for it if you have done it and maybe need some help and expertise let me know