Showdown

Guest HI_PSI

Guest HI_PSI
getting the eclipse sent off to Showdown Motorsports and i just wanted to know if they did good work and if anyone has had any problems with em. im pretty confident so far since they really seem to know their stuff but figured id ask.

Just had a customer in here telling me he has had them go through about 3 blocks for him now to get to 460 horse...But there are always bad stories everywhere. Wasnt this the guy who was running 8's in his DSM that caught fire?

My best friend had his car built by them they did an acceptional job on his car. Here are some pics. The only thing not done by them was the motor its self, He had a family friend who builds motors do his for him.

Although they did take a while to get everything together, but then again at the same time Bill was getting trying to get his racecar done before the first race of the season so I'm sure that had alot to do with it as well. Over all great people.

http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h282/jmm934/o_85463.jpg

http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h282/jmm934/motor2.jpg

http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h282/jmm934/turbo2-1.jpg

http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h282/jmm934/motor1.jpg

Guest HI_PSI

so i think they're gonna pick it up soon, also do you guys think 2800 for a 6 bolt block swap is alot (keeping the 7 bolt head). im looking for like 400hp, i want atleast into the 12's

oh and that car is sweet, got any extra parts you wanna get rid of ;)

Whats getting done to the block? I'm assuming its getting built, but anything special? I would say that's a pretty reasonable quote on a short block with eagle rods and some forged pistons. Is the block being magnafluxed or anything like that? How about any work to the crank like knife edging or having it turned and balanced? O-ringed block?

All parts he had were sold, sorry.

Guest HI_PSI

Stage 1 6 bolt short block with big rods, new pistons and rings, hot tanked and cleaned, crank shaft's have been magged and polished, and clevite rod and main bearings.

i think thats what im getting.

Stage 1 6 bolt short block with big rods, new pistons and rings, hot tanked and cleaned, crank shaft's have been magged and polished, and clevite rod and main bearings.

i think thats what im getting.

If "big rods" means stock 6 bolt and you're getting OEM pistons then that is a rip off.

If "big rods" means stock 6 bolt and you're getting OEM pistons then that is a rip off.

It's just like a BR Stg 1 shortblock. If you figure on the price of the shortblock. Going rate of $1500, add in the labor and other pieces/parts of doing a 1gina2g swap I think the price comes out about right. Showdown is not the shop that I would use however.

Ask MR. Iwishiwascoolx2 what he paid to have his 6bolt swap done back in the day if you think $2800 is expensive. :asshole:

I just checked their site the block you said with "big rods" is a stage one and that starts at 1500... heres what it said.

Stage 1 6 bolt short block with big rods, new pistons and rings, hot tanked and cleaned, crank shaft's have been magged and polished, and clevite rod and main bearings. Starting at $1500

Stage 2 6 bolt short blocks with Eagle Rods, Mahale pistons, blocks have been hot tanked, line bored, decked, bored, balanced and blueprinted. Also includes ARP main studs. Starting at $2200

Stage 3 6 bolt race short blocks come with Manley rods and Manley pistons. Blocks have been hot tanked, line bored, decked, bored, balanced, and blueprinted. Also includes ARP main studs. The Manley rods and pistons are rated up to 1,000 hp. This short block should give you all of the performance you are looking for. Starting at $2800

Guest HI_PSI

yeah, thats where i got my info too. but when i asked what stage i was getting he seemed confused and just told me that the 2800 was for the block swap and everything. so im assuming its just a stg 1 with about 1300 for labor.

so i take it they're a good shop? no horror stories or anything other than whats been mentioned right?

yeah, thats where i got my info too. but when i asked what stage i was getting he seemed confused and just told me that the 2800 was for the block swap and everything. so im assuming its just a stg 1 with about 1300 for labor.

My bad. I thought you implied that the $2800 was only for the shortblock.