Resume, who needs my bad a$$?

Science Abuse

Cover letter

Dear Sir or Madam:

I am a Certified Mechanical Inspector with experience in many areas related to manufacturing and production. I have 7 years experience in such facilities, and for the last three years I have worked In the Quality sciences. During that time I have moved my department forward into more contemporary forms of quality controls through refinement of test techniques, documentation practices, and customer communication. Specific qualifications include:

• ASQ Certification in the field of Mechanical Inspection.

• Regular use of AutoCAD LT, Microsoft Office, and Sharepoint.

• Operation of Starrett HGC 2018-16 Coordinate Measuring Machine.

• Creating, reading and modifying technical drawings, and establishing tolerances.

• Working with teams to fulfill PPAP project requirements, including international correspondence.

• Organizing and maintaining all records produced by the department.

• Traveling and meeting with customers to establish and meet their needs.

I also have a host of experience and qualities not directly related to employment history:

• Current student at The Ohio State University, majoring in Mechanical Engineering.

• Motor Sports enthusiast with direct experience in set up, tuning, and driving vehicles in sanctioned Rally, Road Course, Autocross, and Drag racing.

• Avid Mountaineer and member of the OSU Mountaineers Club, where I have planned and guided trips. Trained in first aid, CPR, and AED use.

• Affinity for research and independent learning has given me experiences in fields ranging from horticulture to gas turbine design.

• Talent for communicating with people of all demographics and nationalities, and establishing contacts and friendships.

I am looking for long term employment and advancement in a field that will utilize as much of my experience as possible, and also present me with new challenges. With a strong work ethic, a desire to acquire and apply knowledge, and a vast and diverse database of experience based on self motivated study, I believe I would be a beneficial and constructive member of any team.

Thank you for taking the time to read this and the attached resume, and I look forward to the opportunity to further discuss what I have to offer you and your company.

Eric Grothaus

Resume

Eric Grothaus

Xxxx xxx xxxxx Blvd.

Lewis Center, OH 43035

(614) xxx 7xx6

Eric.Grothaus@xcxxc.com

Applying For: Quality Assurance Associate

Professional experience:

Oct 2002 - Present: Arrow Truline, Columbus, Ohio.

• Quality Assurance Inspector

o Monitored incoming product from overseas provider for compliance with drawings and customer demands.

o Read and interpreted customer blueprints to define tolerances and specifications for products.

o Managed records for all quality control operations. Including, but not limited to, customer correspondence, department costs, testing procedures, and testing results.

o Worked with customers to define specifications and monitor long term quality.

o Designed and built custom test fixtures for new products.

o Implemented several organizational and inspection changes to bring the department up to date.

o Operated Starrett HGC 2018-16 Coordinate Measuring Machine.

o Created and modified drawings with AutoCad LT.

o Worked with outside machine shops and metallurgical facilities to fulfill company and customer needs.

o Holder of expense account, first aid responder, and after-hours security contact.

• Senior Production Associate

o Ensured orders were filled correctly and on time.

o Improved workflow and efficiency through streamlining and staff management.

• Order Picker: Responsible for filling individual orders of raw parts, and ensuring that they are packaged and protected during shipping.

Oct 2000 - Oct 2002: Worthington Cylinder Corporation. Worthington, Ohio.

• Conveyorized Paint Spray Booth Operator: Responsible for operating, monitoring, and maintaining all spray, fluid metering, and mixing systems. In process quality control.

• Aluminum MIG Welder: Welding cast and stamped parts for high pressure applications.

• High Pressure Aluminum Cylinder Test: Preliminary Quality Control station centered on leak detection.

• Operator: Responsible for operation and care of various machines throughout the production facility.

June 2000 - October 2000: Firestone Service Center, Dublin, Ohio

• General Service Technician: Performed basic maintenance on customer vehicles.

Jan 1999 - June 2000: Accel Inc. Worthington, Ohio.

• Second Shift Shipping / Receiving and Warehouse Manager: Supervised all warehouse staff and operations. Consolidated product to increase usable space, coordinated high volume loading and unloading operations, and implemented more dynamic inventory control methods.

• Production line coordinator: Single line supervisory position. Improved efficiency through dynamic placement of staff and equipment.

• Warehouse and Shipping Associate. Load/unload trucks, maintain inventory, and supply the production area.

Education:

• Oct 2006 - Present: The Ohio State University, Columbus, Ohio. Majoring in Mechanical Engineering.

• June 2006: ASQ Certification, Mechanical Inspector.

• June 2006: ASQ Quality Engineer Course

June 2000: Olentangy Public High school, Received State of Ohio Science Proficiency Scholarship

References available upon request.

Thank you for taking the time to read this resume. I look forward to the opportunity to further discuss what I have to offer.

Eric Grothaus