Speed Triple

cptn janks

Rare to open it up on the highway? NO offense, but if you know about bikes, especially 1000cc bikes, then you would know that you dont even need a freeway to open it wide open...they are that quick and fast. Im not suggesting to do that,I am just saying, these bikes are so powerful that any small stretch of road can be a quick 160+ ride, and very easy to do

Rare to open it up on the highway?

Let me explain that sentence with one word: Papa, i.e. I am one. ;)

Hell, I've seen herds of deer grazing inside the cloverleafs of I-270 ramps, I'm damn sure not taking any chances off the highway. :)

NO offense, but if you know about bikes, especially 1000cc bikes, then you would know that you dont even need a freeway to open it wide open...they are that quick and fast.
No way, 9.8~ seconds @ 140mph is quick and fast?!? :p I know how fast liter bikes can be, I just assumed (prayed) that no one on here would dip into that power without alot of room.

Its not just the deer, I worry more about road condition that anything; especially this time of the year. All that salt and the plows destroy the roads. Thats the main thing that scares me on highways. Deer are a factor on country roads, yes. But I dont think too much about them on the highways. You gots to keep a heads up for the huge bike eating, widowing holes!! :eek:

reminds me of older dirtbike's, the headlights that is.

What was that movie that the dirtbike kept losing so the owner got rid of it, a kid took it in like an abandoned bike or something, cleaned it up, and it came to life and became his best friend? Yeah, THAT bike had headlights like these. I think that bike could fly too.

oh yeah, I like the bike, kinda nekked but looks nice. How much do they go for?

you...my friend...are referring to the beautiful movie entitled "The Dirtbike Kid"...haven't seen it in years, but I do think of it every time I lay eyes on something with bug-eyed headlights.

As for the speed triple, they're great bikes, especially as street bikes. They have plenty of power (for most riders and situations), are very comfortable for a sport bike, and sound great. Put a pipe on one and it's like half a p-car running around town. I would own one if I didn't do track days (road course for reference sake) on mine, or could afford a second street bike.

i want one. where can i find one? anyone know of any for sale around town?

ive also been looking at 919's. IMO the triumph is just inherently cooler than the triple.

anyone know anyone who is selling an s3 or a 919? i know people on here know people, so i figure its worth a shot.

also, 919 vs. s3... DISCUSS

919 is a great bike, that unfortunately didn't ever really find its market in the US (especially Ohio). This can be good though if you're looking for a good deal on one. Used ones shouldn't cost that much now, and the bike has not undergone any major revisions other than color over the years. They use the old CBR900RR motor that is fuel injected and tuned for more midrange. it's also a great bike for commuting or putting on some serious miles without giving up all of your sporty-ness.

I still like the speed triple style more, but that's up to you to decide. Ultimately the speed triple has more character, but the honda should be a little easier on the wallet. Plus, I don't know any Triumph dealers in town that I'd trust with maintenance if you can't do it yourself.