$160 for speeding

TEXASS

i was driving on main st in Reynoldsburg today, got pulled over in front of hooters by a whitehall cop, got my bitch out for doing 51 in a 35, not wearing a seat belt and too loud of exhast. and he gave me a ticket of $160. when did tickets get that high.

isnt hooters considered reynoldsburg?

either way, main street has to be one of the most patrolled places ive driven through.

and i agree with the guy who asked why you wouldnt want to wear your seatbelt...if i get motivated tomorrow, ill post the pics of the accident i walked away from due to wearing a seatbelt

heres a question for you, why would you want the government, state or federal, dictating weather or not YOU wear a seat belt. It's simply not their business. It's a personal choice. Very simimilar to tobacco useage. If you want to smoke, you will. If you do not CHOOSE to wear a seat belt, you will not. How in any way is it the government's decision to make for you? Thats the real question here.....

Its another way to get money from us while saying its for our own good. If they really want to enforce it for our safety there are ways of doing it without taking money. I think a night in jail would make people think twice about not wearing a seatbelt... $40 is just an annoyance. I personally avoid the entire situation and wear my seatbelt.

Seatbelt is a must. I walked away after totaling my GT. If I would have not had my seatbelt on I would have been thrown from the car. Plus speeding in Whitehall. If you are gonna speed in whitehall, have your insurance card and ID on your lap. Heavily patrolled. It is becoming like New rome, hahaha. Have people on that Ice-cube stuff haha. Seatbelts= you still live!! Look at my other thread and you will see what I walked away from with no pain at all.

heres a question for you, why would you want the government, state or federal, dictating weather or not YOU wear a seat belt. It's simply not their business. It's a personal choice. Very simimilar to tobacco useage. If you want to smoke, you will. If you do not CHOOSE to wear a seat belt, you will not. How in any way is it the government's decision to make for you? Thats the real question here.....

They put up the infrastructure, you follow their rules. If you go flying through a windshield and your brains end up all over the double yellow lines, its not your distraught family that's gonna scrape up your gray matter and clean the shit out of your pants. Its the people the government pays to do that. Yeah, you pay taxes but so does everyone else that doesn't want your big dumb head flying through their windshield when you decide that the big bad government has no right to tell you what side of the road to drive on and you're a free spirit so you're gonna drive on the OTHER side of the road and hit them head on. If you don't want to wear your seatbelt, find someone with a brain that's over 18 to drive and you can sit in the backseat and bounce around all you like.

EDIT: and with regards to smoking, not everyone wants to smell like ash. I personally think 99.9% of that secondhand smoke stuff is bullshit and a lot of those smoking statistics are completely taken out of context, but the fact still remains...you smoking inconveniences other people when you're in a public place, and to some point causes a health hazard to others. I'm the last person you'll meet that wants to appease everyone like a damn liberal, but at some point you've got to say enough is enough.

My mom was in a car accident without a seatbelt and went unconscious. The only time I won't wear a seatbelt in a car is if the ebrake is on and its not moving for a wile. If you were not wearing one when they pulled you over then you deserve to pay the ticket.

Guest hotrodmama024
they can pull you over if you dont wear a seatbelt and they see it. Why get pulled over and harrassed jsut for a seatbelt. Wear it! 2nd.. Reynoldsburg is not a good area for speeding anyway. I got caught doing 67 in a 35 off livingston. lol 4 points and $130 bucks. You got off easy with $160.

They put up the infrastructure, you follow their rules. If you go flying through a windshield and your brains end up all over the double yellow lines, its not your distraught family that's gonna scrape up your gray matter and clean the shit out of your pants. Its the people the government pays to do that. Yeah, you pay taxes but so does everyone else that doesn't want your big dumb head flying through their windshield when you decide that the big bad government has no right to tell you what side of the road to drive on and you're a free spirit so you're gonna drive on the OTHER side of the road and hit them head on. If you don't want to wear your seatbelt, find someone with a brain that's over 18 to drive and you can sit in the backseat and bounce around all you like.

EDIT: and with regards to smoking, not everyone wants to smell like ash. I personally think 99.9% of that secondhand smoke stuff is bullshit and a lot of those smoking statistics are completely taken out of context, but the fact still remains...you smoking inconveniences other people when you're in a public place, and to some point causes a health hazard to others. I'm the last person you'll meet that wants to appease everyone like a damn liberal, but at some point you've got to say enough is enough.

quoted for the truth

It's real simple Rick; I dont want the asshat that hits me to fly through his windsheild and kill me. Personal choice my ass, that 200lb of meat is an unsecured load and should be regulated. What damage does a stationary deer do when you hit it? Double the force and you'll see what a moron does when he flies through his windsheild into yours.

"Personal choice" goes away when your descisions effect other people. Smoking as an example? I have a right to clean air, you don't have a right to abuse drugs, true story. Smoke on your property, drive you vehicles without seatbelts on your property. But when you hit our roads, buckle up.