Gears of war 2 is awesome.

jagr

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

picked it up last night. havent played it yet tho cuz i had to be up for work this morning. i like the first GoW but i love GRAW 2. havent found a shooter that actually compares to it!!!

keep and eye out for me x TI21UIVIPH x

GRAW 2 was great. Hope they keep it going.

i plan on getting CoD, World at War as well.

For Swing'r:

CoD= Call of Duty series

GRAW2 = Ghost Recon, Advanced Warrior series.

GoW = Gears of War

.:D

For Swing'r:

CoD= Call of Duty series

GRAW2 = Ghost Recon, Advanced Warrior series.

GoW = Gears of War

.:D

Smart ass.

So anyway, what do you guys all have? PS2/3, Xbox360?? I'm shopping for something

and I'm not sure what I want.

I went to Bestbuy and the mall this afternoon and this what I found...

PS3... $399

PS2... $129

Xbox360Pro... $299

Xbox360Arcade... $199

Used PS2... $59

I'm extremely tempted to just get the used PS2 since its a big step up in quality

from the PS1 I have now, buuuuttt I like the XboxArcade for $200, I don't need the

pro with the harddrive and online capabilities, just want to play storebought games.

Edited by SWing'R

I'd just like to chime in to agree that GoW2 is incredible. I think they went to the Unreal 3 Engine for rendering and it looks amazing. The cut scene frame rate drops are almost entirely gone from the first one, and the lighting is a nice improvement in the textures. All that silly graphics crap aside, the game play is great, and the gore is top of the line. I mean, chainsaw kills never get old. Period.

I just ran through it with a friend this weekend, we beat it on Heroic to unlock Legendary, and beat that this afternoon. They're not fucking around on Legendary, you really need to use tactics in co-op to get through it.

And Sticky grenades are always fun for the whole family.

Maybe I'll get CoD4 too. I won't dare go online though on these shooting games.

Getting CoD4 and not playing online is heresy. I hated the game single player; I bought it, played it for about 3 hours, and put it down for about 2 months. One day I figured I would try the multiplayer, and became addicted for the majority of the 07/08 winter.

I'm extremely tempted to just get the used PS2 since its a big step up in quality from the PS1 I have now' date=' buuuuttt I like the XboxArcade for $200, I don't need the pro with the harddrive and online capabilities, just want to play storebought games.[/quote']

Go with the XBOX Pro. You don't have to keep memory cards. Some of the newer games take up a shit storm of space.

Or get $200 model and upgrade to a 120GB hard drive. That should last you a while.

Granted you only want to play sotre bought games. XBOX Live gives you the option to try the demo before you go spend $60 on a new game. Then have it suck. Plus XBOX live gives you a down loadable arcade, with a plethora of old school arcade games.

So my advice for you is $299 Pro

OR $199 Arcade + $140 hard drive.

You won't be disappointed. (at least util it red rings):nono:

Okay' date=' thanks for the advice, but what the heck is "red rings"???[/quote']

plus 1 on everything cdub siad. 360 is the way to go. u say u dont want to play on line till u do then u wonder how u did with out it all ur life.

red rings is when a 360 over heats and then has to be sent back to microsoft free of charge to get fixed.

keep her clean and not in a box and ull have no problems.

played some GoW for about 20 mins last night and i couldnt do it any more. ive been sick for a bout a week so it wasnt the game just started feeling sicker. game was sweet gonna try to play togniht if i feel better but my heads killing me at work right now.

Okay' date=' thanks for the advice, but what the heck is "red rings"???[/quote']

It's Bill Gates way of Check and Balances. :beating: It's annoying as shit. You would think since the 360 has been out for so long they would have fixed it by now.:nono:

Still even if you do have a problem, they will take care of it. Shipping and all. It doesn't sound like you are to much of a hardcore gamer, so I doubt it would bother you.

My ADD went fucking crazy....

...It doesn't sound like you are to much of a hardcore gamer, so I doubt it would bother you.

That I am not. Baby steps. I've had my PS1 forever. So anyway, considering I had it so long I figured I step up but not take a $300 plunge just yet, I stopped at GameStop on the way home and bought one of the used PS2's and a couple games.

I picked up....

- Lord of the Rings, The Two Towers ($3.99)

- Call of Duty2 ($5.99)

- Need For Speed: Underground ($9.99)

For now I'm gonna go plug it into my tv in the living room, this weekend I'm gonna pick up a 20" LCD flat screen for it.

You will enjoy need for speed, probably one of the better racing games franchises.

i stopped enjoying NFS a while back. i remember playing the original on my computer. id dial up to my buddy with our state of the art 14.4k modem, and if we were lucky, it would connect and we could race each other.

i dunno, i just havent been too thrilled with the last few NFS games ive played. id like to get a PS3 and play GT5... but then i would have no life. i devoted many many hours of my life playing GT3 on PS2...

i really havent found any racing games that turn me on that much latley. i have motogp 07 which is cool... i bought NASCAR 08, but i dont like it at all... best nascar racing game i ever played was nascar dirt to daytona for ps2.

they need an F1 game for xbox :)