The Xbox 360 Elite

Shields1181

Still worth it in the price if your like me and dont own a 360 yet, it's only $80 more and the HDD alone costs $100. I hope they make it in white, I don't like the black at all.

This is why I never buy a console until they've been out for at least 1 year!! Though they still need to start including the hd-dvd player.

ok here goes..............

the "PREMIUM" will NEVER support HDMI, as it only has an analog scalar chip, you need a digital scalar chip to use HMDI

the "ELITE'S" HDMI will only support spec 1.2, not the VASTLY superior 1.3, and you will not be able to use either of the lossless audio formats with 1.2

the new 120gb hdd will cost a ridiculous $180 just for the HDD

and the worst part of the Elite is that it is not even going to get a die shrink to 65nm from 90nm which would help tremendously with overheating issues

so.....the only reason someone should get the ELITE is if they must have the NEW big thing on the block or they just MUST have HDMI because their tv supports it

I LOVE MY 360, had it since day 1, but this update IS A JOKE

and if they MUST bring it out it should only be $400 and the Premium down to $300 or even $250, that would KILL Sony!

but MS is too money hungry

J.R.

ok here goes..............

the "PREMIUM" will NEVER support HDMI, as it only has an analog scalar chip, you need a digital scalar chip to use HMDI

the "ELITE'S" HDMI will only support spec 1.2, not the VASTLY superior 1.3, and you will not be able to use either of the lossless audio formats with 1.2

the new 120gb hdd will cost a ridiculous $180 just for the HDD

and the worst part of the Elite is that it is not even going to get a die shrink to 65nm from 90nm which would help tremendously with overheating issues

J.R.

i don't even have the slightest clue what ANY of this even remotely means. it's almost as if it's typed in a different language than english. video games have come a long way, i guess.

can you play regular xbox games with the 360??

I'd hardly call it vastly superior.

http://www.audioholics.com/education/display-formats-technology/understanding-hdmi-ver-1.3/?searchterm=hdmi