Warranty Work question.

thorne

Ok, I've thought about demodding the monte anways, This might be the perfect reason. I am 99% sure the speedsensor has went bad on my monte. apparently it happens allot . But I'm concerned about taking it to the dealer becasue of a couple after market parts.

I know if you mod a car blah blah blah. I'm not asking for shit with the engine. I understand that risk. But a sensor thats not connected to the setup. I just dont feel like them giving me grief.

Suggestions?

anyone work at a GM dealer?

Cost on the sensor?

They shouldn't give you a problem. If they do it is on them to prove that the problem you are having warrantied was directly caused by your mods. That's the law even if they don't seem to follow it.

They shouldn't give you a problem. If they do it is on them to prove that the problem you are having warrantied was directly caused by your mods. That's the law even if they don't seem to follow it.

Exactly. There's a law to protect any company from blacklisting or anything like that from a warranty.

i work at a chevy dealer, about the only time you need to worrie about it is if its internal engine of transmission damage and bald tires that show abuse. and even then its a gray area because yeaterday i put a transmission in a 2006 colbalt ss because it was toast, it was done under warranty even though the rear tires were burnt off and the front tires were almost new. he rotated them before he brought it in. we knew he was racing it be we're not that big of dick to turn down work and say no to money. if they say shit to you bring it to me, we're in Pataskala.