Gsr Motor Swap

Guest Ex2Gsr_99

Guest Ex2Gsr_99
A buddy of mine is swapping a GSR motor in an LS integra. He is having problems with the motor, basically he has an OBD 1 harness and an OBD 2 motor and his V-tec is cutting in and out, the motor is acting sluggish. Its sounds to me like an electrical problem, something in the ECU. When i did my swap in my civic to a gsr motor we had to switch some of the pins around in the harness to the ECU, I was wondering if anyone has heard of this type of thing happening, and if its just a matter of swithing pins around?

Guest Ex2Gsr_99
I believe he is using the Gsr ecu ...but i will have to double check with him he came into my work today and told me about it but i didn't get all the details cause he couldnt stay very long

Guest Removed
a ls teg, is none vtec. he needs too add the extra wired needed to run the vtec and switch the wiring around. there are sites on the web that have info on doing it yourself. like the 2gen integ club...sorry forgot the directlink, but its out there.

Guest Ex2Gsr_99
i dont think he is using a V-tec controller? and also i will check out that integ club site and see what i can find, and thanks for all the info everyone, i really appreciate it.

Guest Removed
they may be a conversion harness out there for it aswell. that way it a direct plug in and you run the wires(if theres extra needed). i cant remember anymore been a while since ive fucked with one.

Guest Ex2Gsr_99
i was thinking he might need the conversion harness but i wasnt exactly sure, and i havent really looked at the car yet. Im gonna tell him to look into that though. I haven't seen the car yet but i need to look at it to maybe find out for sure.