Assistance

lemosley01

OK.

The deed is done. After much wailing and gnashing of teeth I went with the ZX-14 - ask had a 2006 blue one on the floor so I hooked up with it.

I was a total nervous wreck all day still vacillating after reading internet threads like 'I was turning a corner and gave it some throttle, then wondered why I was on my ass'.

I've only ridden 7 miles, but I think I'm going to be very happy with it. Very nifty dashboard and readouts. I was afraid it would be a beast, but it's pretty docile - I haven't had it above 5K RPM/80mph. It doesn't feel much different than the ZX-9, but I *am* being very gentle with the throttle.

For the price of a power commander and a few minutes of labor, the ZX14 becomes EXACTALLY what a 1350cc bike should be. Rolling burnouts and instant wheelies are now common for my bike since I removed my secondary throttle butterflies. Take it easy with yours for a while to get the feel for it, then I would say yank those babies out and remap and be VERY happy.

Congrats on the new purchase, check out http://www.zx14.net for a great group of guys and lots of 14 information.

Joe,

thanks - the flies are staying in - I doubt I'll be modding this bike for quite some time unless it is the seat or heli-bars.

At some point the flies will come out. I don't like the idea of a sudden hit at 6000 RPM when I'm in a corner.

I'm amazed at how how smooth it is. It runs 80mph in 5th gear at 5000 RPMs - the ZX-9 needed 6th gear for that. My son is excited about getting to ride with me on it now.

What is your ID on zx14.net - I signed up for it yesterday.

Joe,

thanks - the flies are staying in - I doubt I'll be modding this bike for quite some time unless it is the seat or heli-bars.

At some point the flies will come out. I don't like the idea of a sudden hit at 6000 RPM when I'm in a corner.

I'm amazed at how how smooth it is. It runs 80mph in 5th gear at 5000 RPMs - the ZX-9 needed 6th gear for that. My son is excited about getting to ride with me on it now.

What is your ID on zx14.net - I signed up for it yesterday.

I am forcefedwindsor on .net

Also, with the flies out, there is no sudden power hit, thats with them IN! You take them out and you had better tie strap your ass to the seat above 3000 rpm. I took mine out in the winter and even with the stock pipes and a basically stock dynojet euro map the bike was leaving "darkies" in 2nd above 4000rpms in about 50* ambient temps. Once the pavment warmed up, it was wheelie time!! I much perfer the bike with the flies out, but as stated on .net it depends on your type of riding. If you are just gonna tool around and take Sunday trips, leave them in, anything else, toss them. I would love to check your bike out. I am off wednesday and thursday, so maybe we could meet up somewhere...