sonic WTF

kirks5oh

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Columbus isn't too bad. Nothing compared to some of the other projects I've rolled through. NY, Chicago, even Cincy has some nasty ghettos. That said, Miller-Kelton, Champion ave, some other short east areas are pretty sketchy.

I know this is kinda off topic, but what do you do there/what area? My dad works there doing maintenance.

we take care of people who "are minding their own business", and get shot, assaulted, and run over by cars, resulting in broken bones. we specialize in dealing with people who do NOT have health insurance--the resident clinic. these are the people who live in the bottoms, and they are a rough and ragged crowd--definately people i don't want to deal with outside a controlled environment (the hospital).

not that i'm a big puss, i'm sure i could kick most of their asses. i just don't fare well against knives and guns, and these days, you pretty much assume those kind of people are armed with something

grow some balls you moron. I asked a simple question and you can't even seem to comprehend that well enough to come up with a reasonable answere not to mention you keep dwelling on this trying to act all tough and macho. "im sure I could kick most of their asses" go suck a dick

grow some balls you moron. I asked a simple question and you can't even seem to comprehend that well enough to come up with a reasonable answere not to mention you keep dwelling on this trying to act all tough and macho. "im sure I could kick most of their asses" go suck a dick

i pretty much answered your question, and i was trying to be nice to you. i'm a resident orthopedic surgeon who takes care of uninsured patients with broken bones--sorry you couldn't comprehend that, dickhead. i'm not trying to act all tough and macho, im simply stating a fact--most of the 'thugs' we get are 140-160lbs soaking wet. but i've seen plenty patients where we get an x-ray of their femur with their jeans on, and can clearly see a knife in their pocket on the x-ray. now fuck off douchebag.

There aren't too many areas that I wouldn't go into. The problem is what area's MY CAR goes in to. Area's like this I simply avoid. Pussy? Ok, sure. If that's what works for you. Basically, I and those who have helped me, have spent waaaay too much time on my car to bring it to area where a door ding is a gift from one POS to another.

Over ten years ago, when I lived in Ashville, OH, I drove to Columbus by myself looking for the downtown library. I went down the wrong street and ended up a little east of downtown. These two thugs walking on the sidewalk saw me and yelled something. All I could make out was: "Bla, bla, bla, WHITE BOY!" I never went near that area again.

Later I lived in a house near Avondale and Sullivant. That was an interesting year. I now live in northeast Columbus, it's not too bad, but I'm still amazed my Trans Am hasn't been stolen. We've had older cars broken into and stolen, but they haven't messed with my baby yet.

are you refering to me?? i guess you could call me the 'original poster', or 'kirk' since that is obviously my name. you just used the word 'poster', which could mean anyone including yourself, jeff. i've worked at a lot of the major hospitals in this town, and several of them are in bad areas (children's is located around where you speak of, mt. carmel west, and grant hospital are all in areas you would not want to hang out in).

the whole idea of my post is that i would not want to hang out at sonics. from all the hype about the creation of a sonics on this website, i expected people with nice cars to be hanging out--not what i found. i'm originally from a suburb just south of cleveland where we had Swenson's hamburgers (it is not unlike sonic). on a nice weekend day, everyone with a nice car would show up and talk cars.

i love how everyone jumped in this thread to list the most dangerous part of columbus they know. i deal with the lowest of the low on a daily basis, its my job. when i'm away from work i don't want to be around trash.

Yes I was referring to you.. it was just funny because I grew up in that area I was gonna take a offense but really whats the point? lol

you just made it seem like it was the worst place in Columbus which I'm sure you know by now a lot of us think otherwise I am pretty sure thats why they are pointing out areas that are worst then Main St.

and I admire your work but just because you may deal with the lowest of the low in that area doesn't mean EVERYONE from that area is a product of their environment.

Yes I was referring to you.. it was just funny because I grew up in that area I was gonna take a offense but really whats the point? lol

you just made it seem like it was the worst place in Columbus which I'm sure you know by now a lot of us think otherwise I am pretty sure thats why they are pointing out areas that are worst then Main St.

and I admire your work but just because you may deal with the lowest of the low in that area doesn't mean EVERYONE from that area is a product of their environment.

i DID call it a ghetto, but did not say it was the worst part of columbus--it is definately well below average. and when i refered to the lowest of the low, i was refering to the people that occupy the bottoms portion of west broad, near the hospital where i work.

the whole point of my thread is that it is located in a part of columbus where i would not want to take a nice car to, and park it there for several hours and hang out. i guess i should have specified that.

i am sorry if i offended you