poison ivy treatment

Sam1647545489

Cut it open, bleach it. You may want to dilute it with some water, though.

Im not sure if i would use that on your face though. Whats worse, Calamine lotion in your eyes, or bleach? If its that clost to your eyes, i'd get the shot and get it over with.

my grandma would go into the woods in our backyard.. and get these tall plants that kinda remind one of a umbrella.. she said they worked way back in the day.. and once you used it you wouldn't get anymore ever again.. squeezed the clear sticky stuff out of em and then put it on the poison ivy.. and I would get it really bad... so far I have yet to get any since then...

With it being on your face, go to the doctor. If it spreads more, it is not good. I use to get it very badly when I was a kid. Since I was a Boy Scout and in the woods all the time, my doctors ended up putting me on the roidz during the summer months. Hardly got it then.

I think the plant that TorchRedSVT is talking about is the milk weed plant. I have been told it works as well. It never worked for me, so I think it is hit and miss.

What type of shot does the doc give you?

punkrocker3.. yeah, I think thats what its called.. it worked for me.. do I dunno.. I don't care all I know is I haven't gotten any since.. so woohoo for me..

Guest Mushijobah

I forgot natures own poison ivy treatment...Jewel Weed! It is extremely common in Ohio's forests.

http://www.westol.com/~banding/Jewelweed_090602.jpg

Rub the leaves onto the rash. The juices help.

sounds like you might be allergic to it....i used to be when i was younger, my eyes would swell shut, that shit sux0rs...shot was always the best, even though it was usually in the ass and burned like hell. other than that, i'd just take a bunh of hot showers thru the day, dunno if it helped, but it felt good and i'm sure it cut down the progression of the oils.