n00b

Guest Ohio B7

Guest Ohio B7

Hows it going guys? My name is Aaron, I live near Hamilton and Morse. I am 22, and going to school for communications at CState/OSU.

My first three cars were Tauri. 1995 SE, sold for 1995 SHO, wrecked and got 1994 SHO. I modded the 94 heavily with tokico struts/eibach springs, f/r sway bars, intake/80mm Maf, big butterfly valves, chip, exhaust, built Auto for 500hp. I planned on doing a turbo setup, but since I needed a reliable DD to drive to work and commute to OSU, the SHO was ebayed. :(

http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r247/A4SHO/OldKiserPicturesandChristmaswithJim.jpg

This is it with my dad's old Stage II B5 S4 6 speed.

I was sold on a 2006 Cobalt SS/SC because 300 payments were my goal, but I stopped by the Audi dealer and they were having a lease speacial. Me the day I got my 2006 Audi A4 2.0T Quattro 6 speed.

http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r247/A4SHO/IMG_0692.jpg

I have the GIAC 93 ecu flash that puts the car in low 14s with about 250-260chp/275ctq. Thats about 210/260 to the wheels using other peoples graphs on the Audi forum.

http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r247/A4SHO/IMG_0880.jpg

A little pic on Vacation.

http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r247/A4SHO/Lucy075.jpg

My dad now has a Black B6 S4 6 speed with AWE exhaust. Sounds sick. Sorry for the long post, I tend to rant, and babble. I hope to see some of you guys on the streets, of course I wont put up much of a fight for many. lol

Did you guys see my thread in the SM section? I swear it's something in the water.

Welcome :D

The word might be getting out that if you don't have your shit together, and try to get on here, you may just get ripped to shreds.

Clean look. Nice intro. Welcome

Guest Ohio B7

The snowy pic was in Hocking Hills in Februrary. My girl and I went for the weekend, gift from my parents. Here's some more.

http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r247/A4SHO/Lucy069.jpg

http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r247/A4SHO/Lucy139.jpg

Great weather to really test out the Quattro system, worked amazing. Even with crappy OEM Goodyears, it handled great.

Thanks for the welcome guys.

Guest Ohio B7

You have obviously never driven an Audi with Quattro. And if you have, it must have been the Tiptronic Auto that was fooling you into thinking that Quattro was at fault. You can never tell what it is doing, ever. All you can tell is that you always have traction. There are no noises, no shifts in traction, no anything. The car just claws away and never objects.

It has a Torsen mechanical differential, it doesnt think, it reacts. Audi was banned from rally racing there stuff was so good. There are many tests on the internet that pit Audis system against others, look them up, its pretty amazing. The new A6 with studded snow tires went UP a big jump ski ramp.

Read the Road and Track article that compared AWD sport sedans. A4 came in first, Legacy GT Spec B came in second. This was against the Mazdaspeed 6, Volvo S40 AWD, BMW 325 AWD, Lexus IS250 AWD, G35 AWD.

You obviously have never done any reading on any Audi product or you would know that what you said is totally wrong.

Maybe the one you drove? or based your opinion on had something wrong with it.

You have obviously never driven an Audi with Quattro. And if you have, it must have been the Tiptronic Auto that was fooling you into thinking that Quattro was at fault. You can never tell what it is doing, ever. All you can tell is that you always have traction. There are no noises, no shifts in traction, no anything. The car just claws away and never objects.

It has a Torsen mechanical differential, it doesnt think, it reacts. Audi was banned from rally racing there stuff was so good. There are many tests on the internet that pit Audis system against others, look them up, its pretty amazing. The new A6 with studded snow tires went UP a big jump ski ramp.

Read the Road and Track article that compared AWD sport sedans. A4 came in first, Legacy GT Spec B came in second. This was against the Mazdaspeed 6, Volvo S40 AWD, BMW 325 AWD, Lexus IS250 AWD, G35 AWD.

You obviously have never done any reading on any Audi product or you would know that what you said is totally wrong.

Maybe the one you drove? or based your opinion on had something wrong with it.

And you were doing so well...the first thing you learn here is that the wise racing samurai does not quote Road and Track for definitive information on his car, nor does he assume his own car's power numbers based on graphs of even an identical car's graphs from the audi forums. I will demonstrate why doing so, especially in your case, is incredibly foolish.

You don't know the conditions of the other dyno graph...what if they did it at 45 degrees 200 feet below sea level?

Also, you should realize that people here have a wealth of knowledge, and just because you've never had a problem with Quattro (nor has your dad in any of his, I assume) that does not make it an infallible system.

Also, bringing up the R&T article is bullshit, but since you're obviously an expert you'd know that they tested an S-Line A4 (beefier suspension, bigger wheels, better rubber) against the Legacy GT specB.

You can never tell what it is doing, ever. All you can tell is that you always have traction.

To this, I quote the R&T article that you brought up: "It's the S-Line suspension that helps the A4 tackle just about anything thrown its way," enthused Wolfkill. "When pushed hard it still feels like an fwd-based system," he continued. "But at the same time, you can feel the rear tires working for you in a corner."

So now not only do you claim a SUBJECTIVE analysis to be the authority on AWD cars, but it also defies everything you've said.

Guest Ohio B7

Good call out on the R&D article being bogus, I do agree with that fact, Each mag has their favorites, and each driver has theirs too. I ususally just look at the techical stuff, performance data, trap speeds ect.

I was trying to show him that 99.5% of the people will not feel or know what the Quattro is doing. Also, he was saying that the broken AWD in his Subie was equal to a 100% Quattro system, and that is bogus too. Audi and Subaru have the best AWD systems available, mostly because they are so similar. Again, an opinion.

As for the dyno graphs, it wasnt just one graph that I have looked at. I do understand some dynos read low, some high, and some in the middle. Temp, elevation, wheels, and 100 other variables change each dyno. I threw out the highs and lows and by reviewing many graphs of the same GIAC 93 flash that I have, concluded that I too have SIMILAR power. I know its not a technical way of doing it, but its what I did. Since I havent dynoed my car, it was a way to let you guys know what kind of power I am running. I also told you guys how I got my info, so I wasnt trying to play it off like I had a dyno sheet. How else will you guys know what kind of power a 2.0T VW/Audi puts out? Most have no clue.

Also, the S-line has nothing to do with the Quattro system. And you can get the same suspension for $250 option as equiped with the $3k S like package.

It feels like a FWD system and pushes so much because the engine is mounted in front of the front axle, not good for weight distrobution, or handling. lol

I do not know all about Quattro and certainly not about others, but I do know alot, and would bet if he or you drove my car, you couldnt tell anything was going on.

but I do know alot, and would bet if he or you drove my car, you couldnt tell anything was going on.

I'll take it for a drive to determine that. I'll pick it up tonight around 7pm and have it back to ya in the morning, sound good?

see, this n00b gets it. even when i point out the flaws in his argument he comes back with a humble, rational response instead of saying 'FUCK YOU ASSHOLE YOU DRIVE A SLOW TRUCK AND DONT KNOW SHIT ABOUT RACING NYAH NYAH'

you're a good poster, n00b, keep it up and you'll make friends here