For anyone interested in a race ready bike

dustinsn3485

A guy off another forum, he's in MI. I believe.

i hate to do this, but i must. up for sale is my track/race bike.

2002/2003 gsxr 600

mileage is about 4900

mods:

*m4 full system

*GMD computracked and geometry has been set up

*K&N filter (3 trackdays)

*ngk iriduim plugs (3 track days)

*stomp grips

*dyno tuned ecu by Scott at L7 motorsports about 114whp

*traxxion dynamics fork internals (forks were rebuilt and new fork seals also done by Scott at L7 motorsports, 3 trackdays on them)

*traxxion dynamics worked rear shock

*suspension setup professionaly by scott at L7 motorsports

*vesrah rjl pads front 3 track days

*carbone lorainne rear pads 3 trackdays

*michelin power race rubber (PRC front and 180/55 MED rear (front has 2 trackdays, rear has 1 trackday) tires were on warmers both times and are in near perfect condition)

*race body work in excellent condition w/dzus fasteners

gp fairing stay

*valtor moto rear sets

*woodcraft rearserts (spares)

fully safety wired

*fresh ams oil and oem filter (don last week for winter storage

*fresh coolant (done last weekf or winter storage

*ATE super blue racing brake fluids (front and rear)

*PT Tuning billet radial master cylinder (brakes are freakishly awesome!!!!!!!!!) 2 trackdays

*goodrich ss lines (2 trackdays)

*aftermarket upper tripple tree

*circuit 1 case cover

*frame sliders

*spare front rotors

*spare set of vesrah pads

*spare clutch lever

bike is set up and ready to go. needs nothing!! i guarantee it.

i also added a few stickers to make the bike stand out a bit from the blue paint.

i fully stand 100% behind this bike. this bike is awesome and is flawless at any track. i love this bike, but gotta let it go to pay for school.

the bike does NOT burn any oil or any other issues what so ever.

i paid 3500.00 for it and put another 900.00 to 1000.00 into it since then.

asking 3600.00 OBO

bike comes with bill of sale

please no rediculous lowball offers.

pics004.jpg

pics005.jpg

detailsupplies008-2.jpg

detailsupplies007-2.jpg

cleanbike008-1.jpg

pics003.jpg

Not too bad a price. A few things I think I'd find out first.

1) Traxxion internals. Exactly what internals. Traxxion only has two types of internals and they don't do an AK-Gas set-up for that bike. However, are they the AK-20s or just been serviced and cleaned by Traxxion. Also, what springs in the front.

2) That's the stock rear shock and typically, Maxc only changed oils and such in them. I see the stock spring is on it so, I suspect that there are no internal valves that have been updated or replaced.

3) Put the Woodcraft rearsets on and have the others as spares. Woodcraft is a better made set.

4) Provide a dyno sheet. Even though dynos are different from dyno to dyno and you can get whatever numbers you want, messing with just the ECU (I suspect they used the Yosh Box for that) alone isn't getting 114 at the ground on that year 600. Dyno sheet would help show that. 114-115 on those bikes to the ground involved internal engine work and head work.

Just get those bits of info and I will pass the info around as a few guys are looking for starter track bikes. But, before I go telling anyone, I would want these questions answered.

For that vintage GSX-R, $3,600.00 is a lot of beans. If he really wants to sell it, $2,800 - $3,000.00 would be a better price. No way that thing is competitive against the current 600's.

1) Traxxion internals. Exactly what internals. Traxxion only has two types of internals and they don't do an AK-Gas set-up for that bike. However, are they the AK-20s or just been serviced and cleaned by Traxxion. Also, what springs in the front.

That's still got the conventional forks on it. You can't even get Max's 20mm cartridge set up for those, can you? My guess is they were valved, and maybe new springs, but that's about it.

2) That's the stock rear shock and typically, Maxc only changed oils and such in them. I see the stock spring is on it so, I suspect that there are no internal valves that have been updated or replaced.

I've heard that for a time max was reshimming the valves in the stock shocks. Maybe that's what was done here, but who knows?

3) Put the Woodcraft rearsets on and have the others as spares. Woodcraft is a better made set.

4) Provide a dyno sheet. Even though dynos are different from dyno to dyno and you can get whatever numbers you want, messing with just the ECU (I suspect they used the Yosh Box for that) alone isn't getting 114 at the ground on that year 600. Dyno sheet would help show that. 114-115 on those bikes to the ground involved internal engine work and head work.

Just get those bits of info and I will pass the info around as a few guys are looking for starter track bikes. But, before I go telling anyone, I would want these questions answered.

I'd like to see that vintage GSX-R putting down 114 to 115 with just a pipe and hitting it with the clicker box....LMFAO. That vintage 750's were only 125 to 130 with a pipe and a Power Commander. Hell, the 2001-2002 1000's were only around 145-150.

Bottom line - not a race bike anymore, and way overpriced for a trackday toy.

I'd like to see that vintage GSX-R putting down 114 to 115 with just a pipe and hitting it with the clicker box....LMFAO. That vintage 750's were only 125 to 130 with a pipe and a Power Commander. Hell, the 2001-2002 1000's were only around 145-150.

Vintage 750 my ass.. 04-05 750's only put down 120-126 stock. Trust me I have one.

Hell I watched an 06 750 brand new only put down 123...

Vintage 750 my ass.. 04-05 750's only put down 120-126 stock. Trust me I have one.

I meant that "revision", vintage, era, whatever.

I had a 2003 that was 132 with a pipe and a pc. Of course my 2001 1000 was only 148.

If you've got a 06 750 with only low 120's I'd say something is amiss.

Todd's right. I had an 00 and an 03 750 and with a TRUE Superstock build, they were only at 135-138. GSXR600s were turds and RARELY ever put that amount down even with Supersport builds. 115 was a grenade and prone to coming apart. But, like I said... You can dyno at one place and get 114. Dyno at another and get 100...

KWS is a place with a high reading dyno and the tuners out there can actually make it so they read a tad higher, too...

For that vintage GSX-R, $3,600.00 is a lot of beans. If he really wants to sell it, $2,800 - $3,000.00 would be a better price. No way that thing is competitive against the current 600's.

That's still got the conventional forks on it. You can't even get Max's 20mm cartridge set up for those, can you? My guess is they were valved, and maybe new springs, but that's about it.

I've heard that for a time max was reshimming the valves in the stock shocks. Maybe that's what was done here, but who knows?

Bottom line - not a race bike anymore, and way overpriced for a trackday toy.

I was being nice...:D You are much more exact and blunt than I was being. I think the price is too much, too. You can buy 04-05 R6s and GSXRs for that range with those simple mods.

I definitely think the forks are at BEST valves and shims. The rear COULD be re-shimmed, but I am betting if they were, Max would have changed the spring out with at least a Hyperco. I am betting it is bone stock and MAYBE the oil was refreshed and nitro recharged...

It's like any old race bike. If you know what to ask, you can find out the truth. But, if you aren't smart and don't know what to ask, you can end up with a lame duck.

Bike looks nice and would be a good track day bike. But, for an additional $500 or even as bold as $1k, you can buy something MUCH better... The 600s were just turd-like and really tough to get competitive w/o making them time bombs.

I remember that M4 at the time were making the 01-03s and the 04-05s so damn thin in terms of dependability, that they were rebuilding engines after every event. If you bought one, you most certainly never got one with a true Supersport motor build. Reason being it would have been bad business to sell a bike and three weekends later you get a call from the guy with a blown motor...

114? Doubtful. If so, run and hide as the shrapnel will come flying after a few weekends.:eek:

I should have known this was going to happen....

Dude, all we are saying is that he needs to provide more info to better inform the buyer. When you have a website with accomplished racers and other guys who know race bikes, I am going to make sure others know what to look for and what to ask. Reason being is that a lot of race bikes have things that are somewhat "sketchy" when concerning them. Not saying anything, but if he advertises on WERA (he is) then the majority of people on there are in the know. Here? Not as many and I think the resident racers and knowledged members have the right to make sure info is gathered for the not-so-well educated on race bike members...

That's fine, I'll pass along the information you asked.

I'm not calling you or anyone else out, it just seems like anytime something race/performance/maintenance related comes up somebody always has to show the other up and act like they know more.

I'm fine with information, I get tired of bickering. I went back and re-read everything in this thread (scanned through the first time) and it's not quite what I thought it was. Everyone is in agreement for the most part, at least this time.

I don't dispute that.

I don't think anyone was breaking your balls dude.

Like Liz said, there are a few of us on here that have a fair amount of experience roadracing and such. Some of us have been on the track with world champion racers and even won championships ourselves ;)

I know that I feel a certain sense of responsibility to share some of that knowledge to guys (and gals) that are just getting into it. Just like the "old guys" did for me when I first started.

Don't take it as bitching - take it for what its worth. Its just an opinion, after all.

That's fine, I'll pass along the information you asked.

I'm not calling you or anyone else out, it just seems like anytime something race/performance/maintenance related comes up somebody always has to show the other up and act like they know more.

I'm fine with information, I get tired of bickering. I went back and re-read everything in this thread (scanned through the first time) and it's not quite what I thought it was. Everyone is in agreement for the most part, at least this time.

When I posted my racebike for sale, I never got a know-it-all response from anyone. I listed it in exacts and had all available info in hand. Tons of detailed pics and information.

Just trying to help. Hell, it's tough enough that you are the middle man on the deal and trying to help a buddy. You have to go to him, get the info and post back. That sucks.

Figured I would give you a few ideas of what info to get to better help you out.

Honestly, use this thread as a point of reference and post another thread with more info.

I promise I won't litter it. However, even in my thread, the posts were corny and a lot of filler was in there. I had to start a new thread just because it got so muddied up...

1, im not 100% sure. i do know the springs are .95. my tuner/shop guy told me everythign is perfect and all he did was change the oil and seals. and set up the suspension.

2. again, im not 100% sure. i bought the bike from a very reputable person. the 2nd in command of sport bike track time (STT). and i am certain his word is golden.

3. i love the woodcraft rearsets, but the pegs are shit fro gip. i slipped off a couple times on huge lean angles and at a very high rate of speed. so i put the valtor moto's back on cause the peg is much grippier. ever have yuor foot slide off while at 80% lean angle at about 95+mph? pucker moment for sure, i had to change my underarmor.

4. i just got the dyno sheet out, this is 107.03 (i thought it was 114) dynod at the wheel tuning the ecu. no yosh box under the seat or race tail. gsxr ecu's can be tuned, unlike my honda. so no need for a yosh box or power commander.

let me know if you want any more info or have any more questions.

i have 3 other potential buyers on other forums, but at this very moment i really dont wanna sell it. i do, but i dont. cause ill miss it next year and i know its a great bike and has always treated me well owning others in the corners.

Wanna sell the Brembo separately?

its not a brembo. its a PT Tuning billet radial master cylinder with folding lever (fully adjustable lever) (19x19) with R1 goodrich lines and banjo's. its a custom fit job.

Also, figured you might know the guy so I asked...I assume since you're on WERA you probably already know this, but oh well...It's Friday and I'm bored.

is he an instructor for STT? is he also a controll rider at grattan? if so i know him. he was my instructor for 4 trackdays, untill he kicked me out and moved me to a faster group. if its him, tell him im the guy that used to ride the cbr1000rr ten kate race rep out there, but now has the gsxr.

its not a brembo. its a PT Tuning billet radial master cylinder with folding lever (fully adjustable lever) (19x19) with R1 goodrich lines and banjo's. its a custom fit job.

Also, figured you might know the guy so I asked...I assume since you're on WERA you probably already know this, but oh well...It's Friday and I'm bored.

is he an instructor for STT? is he also a controll rider at grattan? if so i know him. he was my instructor for 4 trackdays, untill he kicked me out and moved me to a faster group. if its him, tell him im the guy that used to ride the cbr1000rr ten kate race rep out there, but now has the gsxr.

Yeah, I typed in Brembo and then saw it and just didn't take the time to edit the post...

I've never met anyone with a Hans Spree Honda. I'd remember that. Cool idea for sure.

I've been to Grattan a million times, but for STT, it was only for the Tucker Rocky Days...

So, is he interested in selling it separate?