head machining

kirks5oh

guys, i'm doing a cylinder head job, hopefully this week on my trusty '90 3.1liter grand prix. i'm trying to do this as cheaply as possible to appease the wife who wants this car gone, and to get a new one, but i'm attached to this heap.

i guess i should probably get the heads planed flat to assure they aren't warped, and replace the valve stem seals. who can do this as cheaply as possible??? thanks guys

kirk

Guest Removed

check them(or have them checked) with a straight edge, they may,or not need it.

the big thing too look for is cracks.but over heating it most likely warped them some.

id say columbus cowell(next too ers)

just took the car apart and found the rear head had one of the bolts facing the lower intake that had its head sheared off and the stem was loose??? i'm assuming that is the root of my problem as the lower intake gasket looked ok.

the machine shop (johnson motors) that is literally 1/2 mile from my house wants $125 to mill both heads and install valve seals---this sounds reasonable??, and it is literally 1/2 mile from the homefront.