Quick scenario, need feedback

So a guy that has bought a few items from my parts car, is wanting the LT1 badly. He has a built 11:1 355 in a 3rd gen Camaro that he wants to trade even up for th 125K mile LT1 that is in the parts car. He's coming by today to let me see and hear the car run. I'm going to get some pics of it and try to get a video as well. I've been asking $800 for the LT1, harness and computer, so I think I'll be coming out ahead on this deal pretty well. Sight unseen would you go for it?

Guest 78novaman

As long as the 355 is solid. And how much good stuff is "built" Make sure you ask what heads are on it.

Put vortec heads on the 355 and you will basically have a built LT1.......so I would say a good deal for you

Just drove the 3rd gen Camaro with this motor. It has a set of double hump heads, but not sure if they're the 461, 462 or 291 castings. Gonna go ahead with the trade. Here's a shot of the motor installed in his car. (I'm not getting all the chrome stuff).

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v289/TimTaylor75/Camaro/DSCN3775.jpg