high mount opinions

KentStateTsi

Most high mounts make you remove the passenger right side peg so you are shit out of luck for a riding partner. Otherwise they give you better ground clearance on most bikes if you are doing any track-days. The main difference is only going to be cosmetic since there isn't typically a power gain over the regular mount.

Most high mounts make you remove the passenger right side peg so you are shit out of luck for a riding partner.

Micron makes kit's with the peg. Just tell her to watch her leg :-D

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y148/Benjb/01-ZX6R03ftpeg.jpg

There are a couple company's that still have the passenger peg but like the pic posted, it looks funny....IMO.

It just depends on the bike but most still require you to remove the passenger peg.

I would just buy a used slip-on for the bike if you are looking for sound. Otherwise $850 for 2-4rwhp (if that) isn't worth it. You are better off getting a 40-shot if you want straight line speed or some good tires/setup suspension if you are doing twisties...

I have the Mig on my 636 and it's...perfect. The passenger peg gets pushed outward about 2 inches, but I've never had anyone complain. It does give you a bit of the hot-ass sometimes though, and mine's even carbon-fiber...I definately wouldn't get stainless and put it there.

Other people who make high mounts that keep the peg are Micron (which you know of course), but they're usually pretty loud depending on your taste. Devil also makes one, but I've never seen one in person on an 03-04 ZX6R. I do usually like their pipes though.