Insight Cable FTL!

Dr. Apex

I've seen some bullshit when it comes to cable, but never so much from one cable company. My roommate and I have the digital cable w/HD package, and road runner. Road runner I will say is great, nothing ever goes wrong with it and it's never down. The cable is another story.

About 3-4 times a week the cable box starts hesitating and not responding leading to it freezing up. We've complained about it but Insight does nothing. The DVR has a mind of it's own, most of the time it records what it's supposed to, other rimes it records random channels or doesnt record what is supposed to be. Now today....I get home and the cable box has apparantly taken a complete shit, Insight says they can't get a signal or anything from the box. FINALLY we are going to get a new box tomorrow.

But not so fast.....I unplug the cable line from the box and directly into the TV so I can still watch some tv. To my surprise I magically have about 20 more HD channels that I didn't have before, call insight again and they say they don't offer the said channels like Spike, SciFi, NBC, and others. I ask why is it that I pay extra for HD channels yet through the cable box I don't get half of them??? I get silence!!!!!!

Insight Cable....Fuck you!

DirecTV here we come!!!

P.S. If you are an employee of Insight this is not intended for you as it's about the companies practices and shitty customer service.

End Rant.

Enlighten me how your getting MORE HD channels directly to the tv . ATSC tuner i thought always had a seperate input since they on the air require special antenas.

Road runner is great because We still own it. They outsource there RR to TimeWarners Road runner.

I had time warner before I bought my house. It was 9mbit downlink. Now with insight I only have 6mbit.

And yes the DVR is freaking lame. It sometimes records random shit and I can't watch what I told it to record. And it sucks that it only has one tuner. I feel that DVR is worthless if you can't record one channel and watch another.

Oh well I am screwed now because that is all that is here =(

Thorne, I'm not sure. Their not in true HD, their basically being streched out but at least utilize the entire tv which mormally doesn't happen. If the image can look as decent as it does right now why does the box obviously block it?? It does look better at least in the aspect of the outer ring of the tv is being used unlike it normally is so why not all the time?? It's bullshit and frankly I'm tired of having a cable box that has issues on a weekly basis, these things aren't that damn complex that they can't be reliable.

I hate insight as well my roomate and I have had big problems with them. Also media center FTW fuck having to pay for DVR thats messed up. We have a dual tv tuner media center that is fucking money.

I had time warner before I bought my house. It was 9mbit downlink. Now with insight I only have 6mbit.

And yes the DVR is freaking lame. It sometimes records random shit and I can't watch what I told it to record. And it sucks that it only has one tuner. I feel that DVR is worthless if you can't record one channel and watch another.

Oh well I am screwed now because that is all that is here =(

you might have had the old brick style cable modem but other then that unless you paid for elite or had it by accident 9mbit has not been the case.

Thorne, I'm not sure. Their not in true HD, their basically being streched out but at least utilize the entire tv which mormally doesn't happen. If the image can look as decent as it does right now why does the box obviously block it?? It does look better at least in the aspect of the outer ring of the tv is being used unlike it normally is so why not all the time?? It's bullshit and frankly I'm tired of having a cable box that has issues on a weekly basis, these things aren't that damn complex that they can't be reliable.

ok, to fix the stretch issue on teh regular converter its a bitch. I had the same fucking problem I hate insights cable also btw. To fix this you go into the config menu I will try and find it tonight its a bitch to get to .

It solved my HD issues.

Also the TV itserlf should support option to do Theator zoom and shit.

i could tak ea look at it for ya if you like. your worthington area right?

I'm sure my roommate can figure it out when he gets home, he's a lot more techno savy than I am. Thanks for the help though. Cable is back up and running for now but no DVR yet though it seems to be recording something.

Ray was on the phone with Directv today, I can't wait.

I don't have any problems with my insight stuff.....

Its more of a I hate the channels the DVR blows compared to timewarners type of thing. I've yet to have working PPV or HD premium channels.

Have you unplugged the cable box from the outlet? My idiot roommate's cable box stopped showing the show information and couldn't get it to work. I unplugged it and plugged it back in and it works fine again.

you might have had the old brick style cable modem but other then that unless you paid for elite or had it by accident 9mbit has not been the case.

I had a surfboard modem. I was getting 950K easy from an FTP. RR elite was in my area but I wasn't paying extra for it. It was real close to morse road and high street.

We tried the unplugging the box thing, didn't help. I guess the problem yesterday was an update that was supposed to go through in the early a.m. but waited until mid-day to do it and ended up freeaing our box again, funny thing is the update was supposed to get rid of the hesitating and and freezing!!

Yeah, I wish we could get WOW, I liked it when I've had the chance to use it but we can only get Insight here.