friday night 5/11

clk1

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah myself, Aj (White WS6) & Tony (AMG) were all at QS&L for dinner then headed out to Jegs for a bit and no one was out there.. so we headed back and then went home. Wasnt really up for staying out all night. Norwalk left its mark buddy.. Im burnt bad! Plus I didnt have much of a voice at the track and now its relaly gone haha.. But it was well worth it.. Both were fun.. Anthony that Formula is a beast! Just plain Nasty!

Tilly.. was nice to see you again.. car looks great and sounds great btw!!!

Nope. Stock fuel pump just got hot from a long night and needed to take a breather :)

Jeff

Stock...fuel....pump :eek:

It was a decent turnout, I felt very old there with all the young little teenyboppers running around

It was nice to be back out in the mix. :cool:

Nope, car's fine - like Jeff said, just got a little warm.

I got in a few highway pulls last night. One with Brett in his Porsche, one with Joe in his FD, and another mini-run with a Hyabusa. All in all, I was pleased with the way the Z06 performed. :) Now it's time to turn up the boost...

Stock...fuel....pump :eek:

It was a decent turnout, I felt very old there with all the young little teenyboppers running around

The stock fuel pump was forged by the hands of God :)

In reality the hard-wired stock fuel pump just has to feed the surge tank. Apparently it got a little warm after a long night and stopped functioning. After about 15 min. of cool down time it was fine. I would say that it did pretty well for the first night out. I hear it raced a few cars and bikes on baby boost and now we just cant wait to turn up the wick.

mike

You folks know that Racetronix sells a PnP fuel pump harness with larger diameter wire, don't you? That might help the heat situation.

What are the specs on your fuel system, Tilley? If you don't mind me asking. I've got mine all drawn out on paper, and I'm quite confident it'll work, in theory, but I'm trying to get an idea of what everyone else is running.

All the guys on CorvetteForum say when you ask them about their fuel setup is, "buy the ECS kit. It's good to 800whp." Who the fuck wants to stay under 800whp? That's no fun..... :D

You folks know that Racetronix sells a PnP fuel pump harness with larger diameter wire, don't you? That might help the heat situation.

What are the specs on your fuel system, Tilley? If you don't mind me asking. I've got mine all drawn out on paper, and I'm quite confident it'll work, in theory, but I'm trying to get an idea of what everyone else is running.

All the guys on CorvetteForum say when you ask them about their fuel setup is, "buy the ECS kit. It's good to 800whp." Who the fuck wants to stay under 800whp? That's no fun..... :D

Hey Austin,

I am going with 55lb injectors, racetronix, and BAP. My setup is a bit different than yours but should hopefully support 700rwhp+ on spray.

Guest Mekkahfire
It was nice to be back out in the mix. :cool:

Nope, car's fine - like Jeff said, just got a little warm.

I got in a few highway pulls last night. One with Brett in his Porsche, one with Joe in his FD, and another mini-run with a Hyabusa. All in all, I was pleased with the way the Z06 performed. :) Now it's time to turn up the boost...

I wanted to get some video of you guys, but we dont really know the 4 of you that rolled out like that, so we decided to not be ricers and follow you.

Went and took more pictures instead :>

Hey Austin,

I am going with 55lb injectors, racetronix, and BAP. My setup is a bit different than yours but should hopefully support 700rwhp+ on spray.

Yea, I've got 60lb. Mototrons, a racetronics pump, PnP harness, and a KB BAP sitting here waiting to go on my car as well (fuck you PTK...), but, I plan on adding to that as I don't think it'll support more than 600-650whp safely. I won't know for certain until: 1. I actually get my turbo kit, and 2. I start tuning to see when the fuel pressure starts to drop off.

Have you upgraded to a return style system yet? If not, I'd recommend doing so. Either that, or do like Sam did and go with a progressive controller so there isn't as much of a shock on the fuel system when the nitrous hits.

I eventually plan on going with twin pumps, 1:1 fuel pressure regulator, and a complete return system.

Good luck with your project. You get Eric's old kit hooked up yet?

p.s. Some folks over in the LS1tech vette section were asking about your car a few weeks back.

I just got a return system, twin in-tank Walbros, Speed Inc rails, 1:1 Aeromotive APFR, 60# Mototrons (seeing max of 62% duty cycle) and -6 AN lines and my car stays a consistent 70psi in boost through 7k RPMS. It's working so well, I've maxed out my supercharger :) You guys should be fine.

I just got a return system, twin in-tank Walbros, Speed Inc rails, 1:1 Aeromotive APFR, 60# Mototrons (seeing max of 62% duty cycle) and -6 AN lines and my car stays a consistent 70psi in boost through 7k RPMS. It's working so well, I've maxed out my supercharger :) You guys should be fine.

Good to hear it's working out for you Ant. You going to upgrade that P1 to a D or F series this year? F1R would be mighty wicked......... :leghump:

DO IT!!!!

Edit* - BTW, ^that^ car has since hit 885/814 on pump gas and meth and is still running out of fuel.... :D

Good to hear it's working out for you Ant. You going to upgrade that P1 to a D or F series this year? F1R would be mighty wicked......... :leghump:

DO IT!!!!

Edit* - BTW, ^that^ car has since hit 885/814 on pump gas and meth and is still running out of fuel.... :D

I've talked with Brian Palcisko (98goldformula) and he's upgrading his D1 to an F1, so I'm gonna probably buy his then upgrade to a FMIC ;)