The TCS sensors in my 01' Trans Am...

V8 Beast

Of course when they're unplugged, there's no circuit to complete :p

When they are unplugged I think they are still attached by an invisible wire.... or a grimlin plugs them back in after I get back in the car :mad:

I just looked at the vids and it bogged on every pass except for the second one. Even on the 11.6 it died off the line :(

We'll talk more tomorrow at the show, Brian. Ignore Casey, he's just jealous of our mad launching skills, yo :)

lol!! I lifted the wheels on one of the videos then the car did absolutely nothing after that.

Lift tires and run a 22@70 mphFTW!!!!!

Deejay, I am with you. But his car is possesed. After we got back from Norwalk. I say around 11 we went out to test my tune and his car was just crazy. Was runnin fine, actually better than fine. "gremlins were sleep" Hey did you see John?

TCS means Traction control sensors? How can you run with them unplugged. I know my car goes into limp mode if they are not hooked up. Are you guys cars different..

Traction Control System-and yes we can run without them,were not as "high tech" as you Corvette guys! Some of the f-bodys didnt come with TCS just ABS. The Vette uses the ABS and TCS in junction with your ETC, which is why you go into limp mode. I think Brian has trouble ever since the 12 bolt install.

TCS means Traction control sensors? How can you run with them unplugged. I know my car goes into limp mode if they are not hooked up. Are you guys cars different..

I pulled the fuse on mine and it went into limp mode. I have a short of some sort with mine it will be off when i turn the car on and not come on when i hit the switch. I have had it then come on after i staged so i wanted to disable it. What i ended up doing was unplugging one of the wheel sensors that throws a code and disables the system but does not throw it into limp mode. I think you may be having a different issue maybe KR, torque management? hard to tell when there are no logs of the run.

I pulled the fuse on mine and it went into limp mode. I have a short of some sort with mine it will be off when i turn the car on and not come on when i hit the switch. I have had it then come on after i staged so i wanted to disable it. What i ended up doing was unplugging one of the wheel sensors that throws a code and disables the system but does not throw it into limp mode. I think you may be having a different issue maybe KR, torque management? hard to tell when there are no logs of the run.

Did your car go into "limp mode" or just pull timing?

It goes limp at 3000rpms. To regain control of the TCS button I put the pedal to the floor, get it to 4000rpms (which takes about 5 seconds), then come to a complete stop. It works about 60% of the time.

It also loves to mess on when I'm staging (like Ray said). I tried to do a short burnout to see what would happen... no luck.

Did your car go into "limp mode" or just pull timing?

it was limp mode it wasnt like it just pulled timing there was nobody home. Ill do it again and log it it was last year I should have a log of it as I was at the track when i pulled the fuse

I think I may have found the issue....

"My TCS "off" light was staying "ON" in the guage cluster with no other lights, and my fix was a new throttle position sensor. So you CAN have just the TCS "off" light staying on and it might have nothing to do with sensors on any wheel or anywhere under the car."

John pointed out that my tps was going bad the night before I left. I'm going to replace it and see what happens.

I think I may have found the issue....

"My TCS "off" light was staying "ON" in the guage cluster with no other lights, and my fix was a new throttle position sensor. So you CAN have just the TCS "off" light staying on and it might have nothing to do with sensors on any wheel or anywhere under the car."

John pointed out that my tps was going bad the night before I left. I'm going to replace it and see what happens.

I know the TPS is tied in with the traction control. I spent sometime looking at wiring digrams trying to find a way to mechanically disable it, but it was difficult because the envolvment of the TPS. It's worth a try.