CFO's love Obama--yes it's a chain mail copy

Gump

As the CFO of this business that employees 140 people, I have resigned myself to the fact that Barrack Obama will be our next President, and that our taxes and government fees will increase in a BIG way.

To compensate for these increases, I figure that the Clients will have to see an increase in our fees to them of about 8% but since we cannot increase our fees right now due to the dismal state of our economy, we will have to lay off six of our employees instead. This has really been eating at me for a while, as we believe we are family here and I didn't know how to choose who will have to go.

So, this is what I did. I strolled thru our parking lot and found 8 Obama bumper stickers on our employees' cars and have decided these folks will be the first to be laid off. I can't think of a more fair way to approach this problem. These folks wanted change; I gave it to them.

If you have a better idea, let me know.

Sincerely,

You mean the ones that want handouts? I think he got it right the first time.

:nono::nono: I know some "liberals" that would work circles around some "conservatives". If they're at work they obviously weren't asking for handouts.

At least the OP put this was "chain mail" in the topic this time around. :cool:

As the CFO of this business that employees 140 people, I have resigned myself to the fact that Barrack Obama will be our next President, and that our taxes and government fees will increase in a BIG way.

yeah too bad corporations wont be able to hide all of their profits overseas anymore and may actually have to pay what taxes they owe. how terrible.

apparently everyone misses the part about where you get a tax BREAK for expanding or starting operations in the united states.

so what this means, instead of firing employees here in the states, companies will start firing the guys in bangalore who answer the 1-800 number, open a call center in the US. then they created some new jobs here AND they get a tax cut for it.

how horrible :rolleyes:

yeah too bad corporations wont be able to hide all of their profits overseas anymore and may actually have to pay what taxes they owe. how terrible.

apparently everyone misses the part about where you get a tax BREAK for expanding or starting operations in the united states.

so what this means, instead of firing employees here in the states, companies will start firing the guys in bangalore who answer the 1-800 number, open a call center in the US. then they created some new jobs here AND they get a tax cut for it.

That's cool...It's about time.

Nahhhh...they won't hide them overseas, they'll just move the whole show to Mexico.

When congress and Obama cave in to the unions that supported them, get rid of the secret ballots on organizing votes and the like, there won't be any companies here to get the meager tax break "barry" has been talking about.

Most of the businesses that could be in an expansion mode are small businesses, and won't see any beneficial tax break in the programs that have been discussed.

I really hope this board doesn't have another melt down. When the shit hits the fan in about a year, we'll all look back on this and have a good laugh.