Reflash/Tune?

MPs350Z

This may be a stupid question but I don't know the answer... Im going to send my ECU in to a company called TECHNOSQUARE for a re-flash... when I send it in I have to send them a list of my mods too. So once I get it back would there be any reason I would still need to go to a dyno and get a tune? or is the re-flash pretty much the same thing?

yes and no, unless you have a wideband 02 I"d suggest getting on a dyno and have a a/f monitored while you're on there. I recently had a mail order tune and it was off from where it should be. Make sure to dyno with a wideband not just a tailpipe sniffer, they can be severely inaccurate

there are several things that the mail order place said that they do to the ECU, if I go to a dyno with a wideband can they do the same things? or should I send it to them and then go to a dyno?

finding a local tuner that could flash it would be best, if not then yews do a mail order tune, but then dyno to check for accurracy, otherwise you could be driving around lean as hell and losing 10whp and 15whtq

ya my friend got his reflashed to the base tune for a gm supercharger and he needed to actuwally tune as every car is different and the reflash is jsut a basic tune they ahve for the mods you have done to your car so it is a wider range and a actuwal tune will help out even more