ouch... I dont remember brakes being this expensive.

Spidey2721

I know it has been a while since I have had to replace rotors... but damn I dont remember the cheapie advanced auto rotors costing $53.XX per rotor. I help a girlfriend replace them a year and a half ago and hers ran thirty something per rotor. I did find some for my 84 300z at tire rack for 20 per rotor. Anyone every use these before?? http://www.tirerack.com/brakes/brakes.jsp?&make=Brembo&model=Replacement+Rotor&group=Replacement+Rotor&autoMake=Nissan&autoModel=300ZX&autoYear=1984&autoModClar=&perfCode=P

Guest thekingofcrunk17
I know it has been a while since I have had to replace rotors... but damn I dont remember the cheapie advanced auto rotors costing $53.XX per rotor. I help a girlfriend replace them a year and a half ago and hers ran thirty something per rotor. I did find some for my 84 300z at tire rack for 20 per rotor. Anyone every use these before?? http://www.tirerack.com/brakes/brakes.jsp?&make=Brembo&model=Replacement+Rotor&group=Replacement+Rotor&autoMake=Nissan&autoModel=300ZX&autoYear=1984&autoModClar=&perfCode=P

I haven't been there, but I buy the $22 for my 3000gt insead of the $50ish. They don't last as long, but I think its way better for the money considering you have to buy 4 of them. My 3000gt has the same problem, I buy midgrade (not the cheapest but not the most expensive) brakes and rotors and just for the front I easily spend like $120.

I would recommend not buying the cheapest possible things for the brake system. Remember, you get what you pay for, and I wouldn't want some random failure because I cheaped out. That's just my opinion though.

Those look ok, but, I would have them checked to make sure they are within spec.

Guest thekingofcrunk17
thats true, but like I was saying, the most expensive doesn't always work the best, I've bought %70 pads and they started to squeak after like a month. I perfer to but the 2nd most expensive. Just my opinion...

Brembo OEMs are some of the best quality replacements you can get. I'm sure you'll be happy with them.

I have had really good luck with them, even with very agressive pads. I know alot of guy into autocross and roadracing that swear by them (the standard, non-drilled OEMs - not the Drilled, Slotted, Acid washed, Pasteurized ones). Price wise, that's really not that bad for good rotors. For my car they are $64/each for fronts and $45/each for rears.

All the guys on the MR2 Owners Club forum told me that even the most seasoned MR2 racers just use the cheapo NAPA rotors, so thats what I installed. They work GREAT. Around $20 a rotor. I then got expensive front pads, and cheap rears.

I've tried it all on my 94 corolla and I like the cheap ones the best. They last just as long and I've had many chances to test those theories since I drive it daily and our family has put 280K on it.

Evan

Yeah, rotors are just a wear item. No performance really to be found there as long as they are not known to be of inconsistent manufacturing and not overly-prone to warpage or cracking (Kelsey-Hayes?). Later models F-bodies seem to have trouble with some aftermarket cheapies under heavy use (road-racing and agressive pads), so sometimes paying a bit more for a known quantity is worth it... but in general I agree that the cheapest ones that work well are fine. You can always spend more money on pads.