XBOX 360 Banning!

morabu

just a quick notice to my favorite community

CR

i am late posting this but it's better than nothing

the game of cat and mouse has begun for all my modders out there

as of yesterday MICROSOFT is ACTIVELY BANNING all modified Xbox360's from live, no matter what firmware or drive you have. NO ONE is safe!

if you have not been on live in a few days................don't get on at all

wait it out until there is a work-around, just unplug your internet from the xbox until there is word of a fix, all you have to do to get banned is turn on your xbox and have an internet connection

there are a bunch of theories about how it's working, but nobody knows as of now

be safe out there,

J.R.

Companies and people find anything to bitch about these days.

Since the 360 being modded is only usable for stealing games. Don't give me any shit about backing games up. I think its there right to bitch. If you wanna play teh game you pay the piper.

That being said I might have to get me another 360.

Guest Mekkahfire
I think banning them from live is a step too far, there's no proof that you modded your XBOX to play stolen games, as in, there is no proof that you have yourself ripped the game, or even played a ripped game. All you have done is modified a piece of equipment that you payed money to OWN (and may do with what you wish).

I think banning them from live is a step too far, there's no proof that you modded your XBOX to play stolen games, as in, there is no proof that you have yourself ripped the game, or even played a ripped game. All you have done is modified a piece of equipment that you payed money to OWN (and may do with what you wish).

You own the equipement and the right to use it, not to modify it.

since the mod has 1 and only 1 purpose that enough is enough to ban them. Why would you mod something if you did not use it ofor its only purpose. They have every right to ban you from there attempted secure gaming enviroment and keep you from steeling there shit.

Guest Mekkahfire

Wrong. Otherwise this website wouldnt exist, as people would buy a car and any hint of modification in any form would immediately ban you from usage of public streets.

Wrong. Otherwise this website wouldnt exist, as people would buy a car and any hint of modification in any form would immediately ban you from usage of public streets.

If DOT actively enforced their regulations, it wouldn't. That doesn't change the principle behind the matter.

Incorrect, but they own the device with which to lpay online, so if you want to play you have to abide by their rules.

HOWEVER, if there was no stipulation of not modifying the console when you bought it, then microsoft may be guilty of breach of contract. I doubt that they would do something like this without checking out the legality first though.

people.................

you can still play all your "backup" games

the only thing that happens with this is that they ban your xbox from playing online EVER AGAIN

if you don't care about xbox live, then you have nothing to worry about

Steam did the same thing a couple years back if they found any modified files in any of the HL series MP games the account was banned along with the game key. Steam banned I think over 20,000 accounts and that was just for cheats and in game hacks.