Ford GT-40 Heads??

Guest Removed

no they are not. the p heads have different spark plug angles. and normal headers wont clear them. the reg gt-40 have 3 vert ribs in the front of the head the p's have 4.

the early 94-95 explorers had the normal gt-40s aswell.

corral.net has mad info on this stuff.

no they are not. the p heads have different spark plug angles. and normal headers wont clear them. the reg gt-40 have 3 vert ribs in the front of the head the p's have 4.

Open up the runners on the exploder intake lower/upper, they make some great cheap power. :thumbup:

i have fox lake ported GT-40p heads, they work great. the spark plug angle is a bit different, but i run BBK longtubes with a small dent pounded into the rear driver's side header to clear the spark plug boot. some of the other spark plug wires come close, but if you can get 90 degree plug wires, its not a problem. they made special MAC headers specifically for the GT40p heads, but mine leaked, so i ditched them. they can be found pretty cheap.

Guest Removed
Open up the runners on the exploder intake lower/upper, they make some great cheap power. :thumbup:

open up the exhaust add some big tube headers like the hookers ;) spray the living hell out of it.(carbed)

those didnt work with the p's :(

DING DING DING!!!!!!

DING DING DING!!!!!!!

I love you buncha mustang whores.

Guest Removed

heres a pic of the ribs on the front of the heads.

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y196/gearhead559/100_1021.jpg

normal 40's. plus they have gt stamped all over them.

and you can see some mild porting done ;)

Guest Removed

yeah gt-40 X sluminum ftw....or AFRs if you have the money for those.

they are twice the price of aluminum 40's, but the aluminum 40's port real nice..

Any set of heads with a good port job is going to loosen up 60+ hp and drop a good 35 pounds on the head units. Go aluminum and do it right Andy.

Thinking bout it, I showed you those ones Miller, they might be nice, but I found some dude who will literally sell me some iron GT-40's for dirt cheap and by that I mean trade for A stock 8.8 haha