Mixing fuels???

SPLN SUX

Can you mix E85 with Gasoline? For the octane benifits... I know that ehtanol can eat up most stanrdard hoses and lines over time, as well as requires a hotter burn to ignite, also requires MORE to release the same energy. I do know that ethanol has a density of .4x and gasoline . 6x...

So here are my questions:

1. Is E85 the same density as gasoline?

2. Can they be mixed with no adversed effects

3. If theres a say 80/20 mix of Gasoline to E85, will that be enough to eat through hoses

4. Assuming the same mix, will power output actully fall @ Xpsi of boost, but still allow for higher boost allowing more power in the end

5. If they are mixed w/o modifing the ECU, will a lean state ensue

http://www.e85fuel.com/e85101/questions.php

FYI E85 takes more fuel to get the job done than Gasoline so your going to burn more E85 and your mileage will drop. so in the long run it will cost you more to run E85 than regular gas.

show me were i siad i was a broke ass and cared about how much it costs...

E-85 is already a mixture of gasoline and Ethanol...85%. Everything else at the pump is E-10.

+1 (I have seen some gas as E-15 though.)

Nick you are a moron for even asking that question. That is such a noob question especially with all the E85 threads that are on here. Tisk Tisk. :nono:

Just remember Nick that ethenol alcohol is corrosive to aluminum.

Guest GMoney
Nick yes you can mix them but the problem would be figureing out how to tune for your mix. If you run straight E-85 you have to add 30% more fuel just to get the car to run safely. If you ran a 50/50 mix then would you run 15% more fuel than normal? I am unsure and some reasearch would have to be done.