Electrical frustration

Adam

Okay any other ideas for what is going on before I have to do a circuit chase on my TA, problem:

car charges and runs fine but as soon as I shut it off it won't turn over and the battery is dead. Had the Alternator tested its allright, battery tested and it was low. Put the jumper cables to it and it fires right up. Checked my grounds and cleaned and reinstalled them. Is there something I have missed something easy before I have to find spike in the wires.

is there any way i can test the voltage regulator in the alternator? I don't really want to put another battery in it if the problem is the alternator and its just going to fry another one.

Guest 78novaman

1: Buy $10 multimeter at wally world or Chinese retailer of your choice.

2: Connect battery and start car.

3: Read voltage at battery. It should read 14.4V. If it's over 15 then your alternator is cooking your battery, replace or get it rebuilt.

Guest drumer919
is there any way i can test the voltage regulator in the alternator? I don't really want to put another battery in it if the problem is the alternator and its just going to fry another one.

Take it off, take it to car parts store, have it tested. Why not take the battery and have it tested first though, its usually easier.

Guest 614Streets
Load test that battery man its fucking shot I bet. And Dry cell batteries suck ass. You got to laod test it and you cant do that with a multimeter.....

Guest stupid hurts
check the specific gravity of each cell, one dead cell is a toasted battery, anything under 10 DC volts wont allow anything electionic to work

load tested it tonight (dad didn't tell me he had a tester) and it is at 2 volts, put it on the trickle charger and see what happens in the morning, if figured the battery was toast just wanted to test the alternator before putting a new battery in it

fuck dry cells i am going back