where to scrap cats

bmw330is

Ill start off by saying that im not one of the shitheads going around sawzall-ing them off suv's, but i have profited off their douchebaggery by installing new ones :D

Anyways, I probly have five or six bum catalytic converters that ive accumulated over the years from parting out cars and none of the scrappers ive gone to will take them. I asked one of the junkmen who comes by work looking for scrap metal and they wont give me a straight answer, just offer to split the money 50/50. Fuck that noise, we already give them free money. Maybe i will cut them open myself and make platinum grillz for me and my ladyz :woowoo:

You could always put them in trash bags and let the trash man take them. I always did that when I lived in westerville. Its kinda funny the guys will actually take car batteries and 31" tires if they can't see them.

Evan

You could always put them in trash bags and let the trash man take them. I always did that when I lived in westerville. Its kinda funny the guys will actually take car batteries and 31" tires if they can't see them.

Evan

well yeah, i could give away but apparently theres money in OEM cats. They contain three precious metals: platinum $1200/oz, Rhodium $5900/oz, palladium $320/oz

It all depends on the manufacturer/style. Ive heard that 40-50 bucks is the going rate for larger sized bmw cats.

There are 2847230478 scrap yards around 5th and Joyce. I take all of my brass and copper there. Lock your doors when you get out... go to the counter and state your business, they will ask for your license or SS # obviously give your license #, this is for a new law, they "hold your scrap for 2 weeks" in case there is any doubt the items are stolen. I want to say you should clear 100$ for 5 cats ask the going rates b4 hand, they are very honest, which is suprising since they deal with shady characters all day long. Hope this helps.

Another way to scrap cats, go out in the front yard, put cat in a laundry basket, spin in a circle as fast as you can for about a minute holding cat in basket and basket out away from body at arms length, take cat out, cat will run in a zig zag motion, repeat if necessary.

Another way to scrap cats, go out in the front yard, put cat in a laundry basket, spin in a circle as fast as you can for about a minute holding cat in basket and basket out away from body at arms length, take cat out, cat will run in a zig zag motion, repeat if necessary.

:funny:

well yeah, i could give away but apparently theres money in OEM cats. They contain three precious metals: platinum $1200/oz, Rhodium $5900/oz, palladium $320/oz

It all depends on the manufacturer/style. Ive heard that 40-50 bucks is the going rate for larger sized bmw cats.

I thought palladium was worth more then platinum.... Nope plat is worth more hmmmmm. I'm confused stupid jewelry stores.

Guest thekingofcrunk17
I'll give you $5 a piece for each OEM cat. I know it's not a lot, but it's more money than you will get for throwing them to the curb.

:funny: What are you going to do with 5 cats? Hmmmm scrap them? Like he made this thread for?

Guest thekingofcrunk17

Sorry I got Bored...

Legend Smelting & Recycling, Inc.

923 Buckeye Avenue

Newark, Ohio 43055

County: Licking

Phone: (614) 344-2387

Fax: (614) 344-9682

I'll give you $5 a piece for each OEM cat. I know it's not a lot, but it's more money than you will get for throwing them to the curb.

ROFL. yeah give em to this guy for 30 bucks so he can go to the scrap yard and sell them for 250 :rolleyes:

dude the whole point of this thread is that im not a rube and i wont be low balled on these because i know what they are worth, i just needed to know who bought them.

Thanks for all the input, ill have to drop by on my day off. Also sorry for re-asking this, it didnt even occur to me to search this topic.

I just got back from Ace Iron (across from pick and pull) as some of you suggested. It was a good experience, they were very helpful even though they knew i had no clue what i was doing. I ended up getting almost 400 bucks for 5 cats! The best part is, i have so much more room in the garage!!!