Engine management systems

conn-e-rot

there's really only 1 "power commander" people use. The PCIII usb. it takes about 30 to 60 minutes to install depending on the bike and your ability. Look into the Bazzaz EFI management systems. They supply more control over your system and on some bikes control 8 injectors instead of the regular 4. Plus you can add the quick shift and even TRACTION CONTROL to your bike with this system if you choose. Go read reviews.

Get a Motty AFR. Closed loop tuning, and way more precise than Bazzaz or a PC3.

you know I was just looking at one that seems to be about the same as the Motty http://street.parts-unlimited.com/10/164/5976323 I was thinking the automatic adjustments would be nice

I use the Yosh EM Pro unit with traction control, Yosh quick shift set-up, engine braking allowance and race specific wire harness.

That being said, had it not been on this bike and I built one again, I would use the Bazaaz unit. I am totally impressed with the self mapping feature and traction control. For the money, it is the best system out there. The Yosh system is great, but had I HAD to purchase it separately, the cost would be HUGE and out of my budget...

Does that system require the yoshimira exhaust?

Nope. Actually, I have a full Graves unit on the bike. It's simply just an engine management system. They've advanced it from years prior vs. what it used to be. The system is really cool and works rather well. However, I just think the Bazaaz unit is more user friendly.

One issue with Bazaaz is that there is a chance of map stacking. In other words, you have to zero out the maps 100% or you can actually stack the new map on an old map. Say you're -20 at 12,000 rpm (quick layman example here) and you don't clear it out. If you create a new one under the self mapping sequence and it is at -15, you will stack it and it will be now at -35. Bad news...

The bazzaz is nice but its quite expensive. Not to mention I dont think they offer it for my triumph

Yeah, it isn't listing your bike, I think. There was a thread started asking about certain units and one was specifically for Triumphs that guys are pretty happy with.

The bazaaz is actually pretty cheap considering what you get...

the one specificly for triumphs and ducati's is the Tuneboy. As of right now it looks like my only option is the Tuneboy or Power Commander

Tuneboy. That's the one. Looks like a lot of Triumph guys LOVE it so, with that kind of response, I'd say it is worth a shot.