04 mustang upgrades

Guest foxstang89

Guest foxstang89

I just recently bought a 02 Mustang GT and was looking for cheap tricks

to make more power and just plane go faster. I know what I could buy

to make power, but on a budget. Any help

off road h or x pipe , x's seems to make more power but the h's sound better imo, my car picked up 20 rwhp by going to a o/r h pipe, don't bother with the cold air kits, they will add zero horsepower, and as Kevin said gears and spray best bang for the buck

I loved the way my car pulled with 4.30 gears when it was na. I couldn't tell a difference when I had the 3.73 gears over the stock 3.27's. I was pissed with the 3.73's. If you want 3.73 gears I have a set of gently used ones in my garage. I also have a set of 4.30 gears and a eaton posi unit.

I just recently bought a 02 Mustang GT and was looking for cheap tricks

to make more power and just plane go faster. I know what I could buy

to make power, but on a budget. Any help

Exhaust, intake, gears, drag radials and nitrous are all pretty decent on your wallet. If you want more power for more $$$, then a power adder, heads and cams are calling your name.

Guest Removed
if you dont have a limit on your budget...buy a chevy

yes, cause then you can spend all your money on fixxing broken shit all the time.

1. Short-throw shifter. Steeda Tri-ax works nicely, as do a few others.

2. 3.73 gears if it's your DD and you want to maintain any kind of mpg. 4.10's max, as Kev said.

3. X-pipe/Cat-back. Magnaflow is my personal favorite. Good price, good power, good sound. Plenty of other options out though depending on your preference.

Just those 4 things, you should be consistent mid-high 13's @ 102ish given average driving ability. If you want to go further, I'd complete the exhaust with some quality headers, get her a performance chip (Diablosport or Superchip), get her tuned, and slap some drag radials on there. Low 13's @ 105ish more often than not easing it off the line with little worry of rear-end issues. High-12's if you wanna risk it.

If you plan on running any faster than that, just get a power adder now.

-Kevin

in terms of easy low buck stuff

h-pipe + cat back nothing sounds better than flows

short throw

cai (whatever brand makes you happy)

underdrive ( have to watch on modualr cars the cheap ones replace the stock crank pulley with one with no balancer in it)

subframe connectors

rear lower and upper control arms (you'll run quicker with less power)

good set of sticky tires (for whatever your into)

---------------------------------------------getting more expensive--------------

gears 4.10 is a good street gear

and a good set of heavy duty axles

--------------------------------------------then more expensive------------------

if you do headers get a good clutch/converter at the same time tranny usually has to come out to put them in you could also do a tubular front k-member at the same time to lighten up the nose and make the install easier....

----------------------------------------------then more expensive---------------

after that your into cams heads nitrous forced induction

you can go in anyorder you want, but its always best to have a good solid foundation that will be way overkill when the car runs 14's or 13's but will be right there when the bug bites you and you start wanting to go faster :)