Anyone have Novell experiance?

HAOLE

I have a computer at my office that had netware client 4.3 installed. I have since stopped using the novell network, and have attempted to remove the client per the instructions the Novell site. Now I am getting a message at start up saying it cannot connect to the network, even though I removed the client and am not using a novell network any longer. On top of that...it is now taking forever to shut down.

Any clues?

Thanks

That client digs itself into the GINA pretty hard. I haven't had to deal with Novell in a while but if you look at the properties under your lan settings you should see TCP/IP and a bunch of Novell stuff. The Novell stuff needs removed along with IPX (if present) but not the TCP/IP.

That client digs itself into the GINA pretty hard. I haven't had to deal with Novell in a while but if you look at the properties under your lan settings you should see TCP/IP and a bunch of Novell stuff. The Novell stuff needs removed along with IPX (if present) but not the TCP/IP.

That is what I assumed is that is really embeded deeply. I will check on the IPX. I did remove all of the Novell stuff from the lan settings.

Why in the world would they not include an uninstall utility?

You can try to hack the registry. do a search for NWGINA and replace it with MSGINA. I'd only do this if you know what you're doing.. it could hose up the PC. I have had it work in the past though.

here is what I see in the lan settings:

http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k25/straightchiro/screen2-1.jpg

http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k25/straightchiro/screen1-1.jpg

I did not remove the entries labled NW because I was not 100% sure about those. I would assume NW refers to Net Ware, but a lot of people crash computers assuming things.

I have a computer at my office that had netware client 4.3 installed. I have since stopped using the novell network, and have attempted to remove the client per the instructions the Novell site. Now I am getting a message at start up saying it cannot connect to the network, even though I removed the client and am not using a novell network any longer. On top of that...it is now taking forever to shut down.

Any clues?

Thanks

Makesure you resintall Microsoft client.