2.3 Turbo Ranger?

Crossle

I know there are a few of these on here. I am interested in doing one. I was interested when i had my first car....a 1989 ranger and had a 2.3 turbo in the garage that was a spare for a XR4Ti we had. Dad felt otherwise, sold the turbo motor and then sold the truck a little while later. I now have the itch to buy another ranger and do the swap. I would like to meet up with someone with this swap in person somtime to see the truck in person and talk about it for a little while.....maybe at QSL (if it works out)

sean

2.3 fords are great engines! I had one for many years. Easy to work on and parts are cheap.

Aint that the truth. With umpteen billion Rangers produced parts are plentiful in the junkyard. If you don't have a turbo specific 2.3T then you will have to find or buy forged pistons. You'll also have to find a turbo head unless you want to run and keep OBD-II, then you can use a 95 or later Dual Plug head, they flow fairly well for what they are stock.

There are about as many setup combinations concerning OBD-I, OBD-II, and EEC-IV and EEC-V respectfully as there are days in a year. Then if you're talking standalone that opens up a whole new world of possibilities.

Just get to MCIR friday, we'll be there. I'll send you a PM with my cell phone number you can call when you get to the track.

Sean and I have been having long conversations about this at work, I am interested in buying an Xr4ti for a straight line car.

Pat - Sean got me your message check you PM - BTW-XR4Ti - not a good drag car - transmission weak with bad ratio spacing from 1st to 2nd. If you get past this - rear suspension geometry and IRS are not "launch friendly" on this car. Good from a roll in 2nd gear - good as a freeway/backroad tourer and parts are still getting to be a PITA. Can be had from Europe but that too is a pain.