Carputers Anyone else done it?

thorne

I'm looking for something to build my Carputer beta. I've got my screen and other parts.

I need a P3 1ghz or faster with a working battery (Must hold atleast 30 minutes) Prefer a broken screen so I can get it cheap.

Anyone else ever built a Carputer?

The Mac Mini is a good modern platform for building a carputer.

The only issue is I can't use my tuning software unless I switch to windows or try emulation. I really want a screenless laptop to start with. I can't wait to get it mounted in the car.

Guest 78novaman
I can't remember it all right now, but there was an article I was reading where they were trying to build a lowest powered computer they could. Something like 12 watts to run a 1.2Ghz via processor with a 64Meg video card & 5.1ch sound. It used a laptop power supply and dvd rom. A solid state 8Gig hard drive is what I remembered most about it though. Just think, a computer that would use so little power you could leave it running overnight in your car so there would be no downtime waiting for boot/shutdown!