96.3 QFM street racing story?

I just caught the tail end of it on my way to work this morning while flipping through the stations.

They were talking about being able to hear all the rice burners flying up and down Main St. (I'd assume in Reynoldsburg) every once in a while and were talking about how they used to do it back in their day.

They also mentioned that the racing isn't as bad on Main st. as it used to be. The did mention, however, that large groups of people still meet on Main to plan out there races before taking it to the highway. :cool:

Just wondering if anybody else caught this conversation?

I just caught the tail end of it on my way to work this morning while flipping through the stations.

They were talking about being able to hear all the rice burners flying up and down Main St. (I'd assume in Reynoldsburg) every once in a while and were talking about how they used to do it back in their day.

They also mentioned that the racing isn't as bad on Main st. as it used to be. The did mention, however, that large groups of people still meet on Main to plan out there races before taking it to the highway. :cool:

Just wondering if anybody else caught this conversation?

They were talking about Marietta, that's where one of them grew up.

You listen to regular testicle radio? Why???

In my DD '01 Cavalier, yes. I refuse to put a radio in a car that is worth less than the radio itself. :D

And, now that you mention it, I don't have one in the vette either. Something about having an eye-sore of a headunit hanging off the side of my dash...

I'd rather listen to the car anyways. :cool:

Pay radio blows, that is why both companies are struggling and talking about merging just to stay alive.

Have you even listened to Sirius?? If I'm not listening to Howard, Bubba, or Raw Dog Comedy, I'm listening to a ton of different COMMERCIAL FREE music channels that actually play more than the same 7 songs. And there are a pile of channels offering music you just can't ever hear on testicle radio.

I've been stuck a couple times the past few months listening to testicle radio for a day here and there (no CD/MP3 player as an alternative), and it is seriously torture. I can't understand how people can listen to that crap.

As for a unit hanging off the side, in my case, yes, because I move my unit to a ton of different places (work vehicle, Avalanche, Formula, boat, house). But you can get a factory head unit w/ Sat. service, and there are tuner boxes for GM's that allow XM units to tune in Sirius.

Why spend extra money on high speed internet when dialup can work? Why spend money on cable when you can get the locals over the air for free? Same difference.

Guest Ponyfreak

Bubba & Ned can suck a big gay cock. Howard, raw dog and Octane for me. When NFL starts back up I listen to that when traveling.

I got so tired of listening to the Jesus or fiddle playing stations while driving through KY/TN/WV and can only listen to cd's so many times. I opt for the 12.95 route and have for 20 months now.

That's cool, I don't think we meet there anymore anyway right? Your meet in on sancus correct?

yes, from now on we shall all meet in my apartment complex/the rec center on sancus!!!! sounds good to me :)

Have you even listened to Sirius?? If I'm not listening to Howard, Bubba, or Raw Dog Comedy, I'm listening to a ton of different COMMERCIAL FREE music channels that actually play more than the same 7 songs. And there are a pile of channels offering music you just can't ever hear on testicle radio.

I've been stuck a couple times the past few months listening to testicle radio for a day here and there (no CD/MP3 player as an alternative), and it is seriously torture. I can't understand how people can listen to that crap.

As for a unit hanging off the side, in my case, yes, because I move my unit to a ton of different places (work vehicle, Avalanche, Formula, boat, house). But you can get a factory head unit w/ Sat. service, and there are tuner boxes for GM's that allow XM units to tune in Sirius.

Why spend extra money on high speed internet when dialup can work? Why spend money on cable when you can get the locals over the air for free? Same difference.

+1

I paid the $500 for the lifetime subscription. I listen to 5-6 hours a day. Best money I ever spent.

I got 2 Kenwood head units and a Sirius tuner that plugs in the CD changer port. I can go from either car and tuck it away. Use the head unit to control everything. Then I listen at work all day, online.

Hell you can listen to most of the stations online for free with a regular subscription ($12.95) or get the online subscription for CD quality audio and all stations ($6.95).

Ned is awesome "Oh gawwwd!"

Pay radio blows, that is why both companies are struggling and talking about merging just to stay alive.

It would have been just one company had not the FCC been assholes and the NAB whining about monopoly. Even though like 75% of the stations are owned by Clear Channel.:rolleyes:

If it doesn't go through, god help us.