Auto insurnace.

Buck531

I've checked around to some major places. Grange, Allstate, American Family, Progressive, State Farm, etc. So far Progressive was the cheapest at about $85 a month for great coverage. American family wanted $1500 EVERY 6 Months.. lol wtf?

I'm paying $108 now a month through Safeco and know I can get a better deal somewhere. What are some other insurance companies out there? Anyone have some other places? Maybe post up an agent name or what not.

If possible, I'd like to put my auto/home under the same place. That way I get the discount.

Progressive is currently putting a lot of changes in place to improve it's customer service and improve it's rates. Can't really say too much on this though since I work there. ;)

What I can say look at the new services that they recently started offering like their new repair service centers. If you choose to use a service center, you drop off your car sign the paperwork and drive away in a rental from Enterprise.

If you total your car, Progressive has another new service that will help you search for a replacement and help get any financing that is required.

These and more new services that are coming are all to help take the sting out of having been in an accident. These new programs are going to be a lot more then just sending out an adjuster and issuing a check.

Remember... don't just look at the $$ amount look at the way they pay claims. If you jump on the cheap rate that means someone had to cut a buck somewhere. I assume they all uses the same actuary tables when figuring risk. The difference in the price is going to represent how aggressive they are at fighting claims. the insurance does you no good if they don't pay your cliam

Remember... don't just look at the $$ amount look at the way they pay claims. If you jump on the cheap rate that means someone had to cut a buck somewhere. I assume they all uses the same actuary tables when figuring risk. The difference in the price is going to represent how aggressive they are at fighting claims. the insurance does you no good if they don't pay your cliam

That's totaly wrong on how insurance companys calculate insurance rates. Each has it's own shall we say formula as to what factors do or don't dertermine risk. When the state of Ohio recently changed the laws for 16 year old drivers it was reported in the paper that at least two major insurers immediately lowered there costs to reflect this new law. ...some probably did not. Also the number of claims nation wide has been on the decline...this may or may not have been used by an insurer to reduce rates. ...you just can't say that a lower rate infers cutting quality somewhere. A lower rate may also mean that you are in a low risk segment of the population. Lower quotes across the board all depends on what an insurances companies corporate objectives are at the time. Geico's advertised lower rates were IMO an obvious attempt to increase market share...that worked. Now their's aren't as low but they have created a reputation that they are.

Guest thekingofcrunk17
Damn, I wish I had my own insurance and I wasn't 17, because of my dad's drunk ass I pay a premium of 900 every 6 months... You think it will go down when I get off his insurance or up?