ccw G27

suzukisportrider2004

Ok so i am taking my classes saterday, trying to find a good way to carry. i have a Glock 27. i have a galco iwb, i dont like it at all its great when your standing, not great at all when your sitting,i have tryed it at 2 oclock all they way to 4 with no luck. I seems like it rides to high, i also have a fobus paddle that i use then i am at the range that would would if i was wearing a large hoodie i guess.

so what are you all using

I carry a G27 myself and have this holster. I was kinda hesitant since I usually make sure to buy namebrand well respected products when it comes to firearms but this holster has served me well. Its nice and thin so it doesnt feel bulky at all. It also has a 15 degree forward cant which makes it easier to position for more comfort.

http://www.highnoonholsters.com/Product_Line/Split_Decision/split_decision.html

I also use a fobus at the range.

I carry a G27 myself and have this holster. I was kinda hesitant since I usually make sure to buy namebrand well respected products when it comes to firearms but this holster has served me well. Its nice and thin so it doesnt feel bulky at all. It also has a 15 degree forward cant which makes it easier to position for more comfort.

left handed?right handed? wear do your wear yours? 3 oclock?

while we're on the topic of ccw, im goin this thursday to the sheriffs dept to make sure my juvenile record is sealed/expunged. i was told when i was a juvenile that when i turned 18 it would be sealed. now i am reading that this may not be true and you have make sure you contact the juvenile courts to seal your record. ive also read that having a juvenile record can disqualify you from getting a ccw. has anyone had experience with this before i waste time and money finding out im goin to get denied?

This may be a dumb question but not being any kind of gun expert i'll ask anyway:

In the link you posted, what holds the gun in place? I seems like it would fall out or something, I dont see any strap, veloco or whatever :confused:

while we're on the topic of ccw, im goin this thursday to the sheriffs dept to make sure my juvenile record is sealed/expunged. i was told when i was a juvenile that when i turned 18 it would be sealed. now i am reading that this may not be true and you have make sure you contact the juvenile courts to seal your record. ive also read that having a juvenile record can disqualify you from getting a ccw. has anyone had experience with this before i waste time and money finding out im goin to get denied?

Yes I have personal experience and I have my CCW. First, your record is not expunged and sealed unless you submit the paperwork to have it done. It used to take a lawyer to do it. At least it did for me when I had mine done. You shouldnt have anything to worry about unless your record contains felonies or crimes of violence. The crappy thing is that your not going to know if they will approve/deny you unless you pay the money, take the class, and submit the paperwork and wait for a response.

This may be a dumb question but not being any kind of gun expert i'll ask anyway:

In the link you posted, what holds the gun in place? I seems like it would fall out or something, I dont see any strap, veloco or whatever :confused:

CCW holsters generally dont have a backstrap. The holster is tight enough on the gun to hold it in place. The point of a CCW holster is that it is designed so that you can draw it quickly which means no strap. Trust me, it doesnt move.

I dont know i dont like it at all, and the sights poke ya right in the side...

this is the one people seem to suggest but i am not sure i wantr to drop $80 for a $2 pc of plastic

http://www.comp-tac.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=28&products_id=61

Edited by suzukisportrider2004

I've never seen that holster but it looks pretty sweet. I think it'd be worth it to save up $80 and get the nice one instead of spending $35 on one you may or may not like and then go spend money on another one again. May want to check out a store near you. Vances in Columbus or Target World in the Cinci/Dayton area.

I've never carried with an IWB holster before. They look very uncomfortable. Is there a 'break in' period? I mean' date=' are they uncomfortable at first and then you get used to them or what?[/quote']

They are comfortable. It takes a little getting used to but after a few days you'll hardly notice it. I have a Don Hume IWB. What kind of holster do you normally use?

I dont know i dont like it at all, and the sights poke ya right in the side...

this is the one people seem to suggest but i am not sure i wantr to drop $80 for a $2 pc of plastic

http://www.comp-tac.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=28&products_id=61

That one seems a little bulky and over-priced IMO.

Edited by Pedro