The Sopranos.....

HAOLE

Guest sti06
At first I wanted something major to happen in the final episode, but the more I think about the final episode the more I realize how much actually went on and how much symbolism there was. The cat staring at Chris's picture could have symbolized Adriana (sp?). Both were killed by Tony. A.J. is now all about money and expensive cars, so he could be the next mob boss in the family. Tony's wife stuck by his side until the end with all she knew about his lifestyle. And the ending was very tense with everyone walking in, yet left so many questions.

The part of the story I don’t like, is he had a dog; he had a responsibility! You can’t just look for an hour and then give and sit on the porch, you get off your ass and find that fucking dog!

But seriously, way too many questions. But this may be because i expect too much froma final episode. Seinfeld is still coming back, right?

Sorry you couldnt comprehend it.

Trust me it wasn't beyond my comprehension. I love that people are trying to find hidden meanings in everything. First everyone in the diner had a big secret meaning, that turned out to not be true. It didn't take a genius to cut off the end of the episode and fade to black early. It's funny when people act like they are all smart when just making random guesses of the super secret meaning of the episode. Even the song everyone thought had some genius meaning.

Sepinwall wonders about Chase's choice of Journey's "Don't Stop Believin'" as the song on the jukebox at the very end.

Chase explains: "It didn't take much time at all to pick it, but there was a lot of conversation after the fact.

Don't get me wrong. The only good thing left since the final episode was so lame is all the speculation of any such hidden meanings. But that's just a bunch of guesses... and from what I'm reading Chase didn't seem to put nearly as much thought into the episode as everyone is trying to figure it out and make it an acceptable ending.

I just watched it on HBO On demand (yeah, if you have WOW you can watch it again). Actually I think it has every Soprano from the last season on there.

When Phil (I think?) got shot point blank in the gas station.. THEN the car rolled over his head and you can hear crunching sounds.. that was just awesome right there.

I was a little disappointed that it ended like that. I was on the edge of my chair wondering.. oh shit.. this guy is going to off the entire Soprano family right here as he was just waiting for the daughter to come in. Then black. I looked at my wife and gave the WTF look.

OH well. I think it would be cool if they made a good 2 hour movie. Better yet, just come back for another season. Was it me or did I read somewhere that this WAS the last season and they're not going to do any more? Maybe not.

OH well. I think it would be cool if they made a good 2 hour movie. Better yet, just come back for another season. Was it me or did I read somewhere that this WAS the last season and they're not going to do any more? Maybe not.

You're correct, it was the series finale. 6 season's over 8 years. I grew up watching Soprano's with my brother's since I was in HS.

I think I remember James Gandolfini (who plays Tony) complain a year or two ago that the show was too violent and potrayed Italian American's in a bad light. He threatened to quit the show and get out of his contract I think that's what started the ball rolling on the show's finale.