Think it will work (Consumer Complaint)

iwishiwascool

Message to Frigidaire about a Microwave I tried to install tonight:

Now, two months after purchasing my FMV156DC over the range microwave, I have finally installed it in its proper position. I have exactly 2 issues with its construction.

First the pictures included in the instruction package clearly show 2 protruding fixtures in the middle of the mounting bracket that would likely support a good portion of the microwave's weight. It should be noted that my bracket and assumably many other's are lacking those elements and have only a screw holes and a flush metal where they should be.

This leads to the next issue.

As a result of this missing weight bearers, much burden is placed on the "Top mount Cabinet bolts". The problem begins when you let go of your newly installed microwave only to learn the 2mm metal these bolts affix to lacks anywhere near the tensile strength to hold the weight.

I don’t recommend shrieking as I did as the back of said microwave scratches your FGF337EC stainless Steel Backsplash/Timer plate as it crashes down; your friends/relatives might get slightly freaked out at your emotional engagement with an inanimate consumer luxury. Certainly don’t hedge back tears as you realize that your bolt holes are completely stripped out and that the engineering degree that you failed to complete at the Ohio State University would probably have allowed the experience and knowledge to find a solution without having to wordsmith a lengthy complaint to a likely apathetic customer service rep.

Since this is probably the most entertaining complaint that you will receive today, please provide me with the price of the backsplash/timer portion of the Gas Range (FGF337EC) and try your hand at getting this comped for me due to my excessive rage... or whatever expression is likely to generate the most favorable results.

Regards,

Ken OConnell

In the grand scheme of things.... Frigidaire is junk, it is the low end of GE

General Electric appliances:

GE Monogram

Electrolux

GE Profile

Frigidaire

I know this, but it is for a flip so I couldnt care less. What I do care about is the hour I just wasted trying to install this pofs. Ill host pics if the Customer Rep wants them.

See if they can do something about it considering they were willing to sell such a flawed product. I work at Lowe's and I know if a customer complained just once about that, Lowe's would pay the customer in cash provided they have a repair bill/estimate.

Damn, I was looking at getting a frigidaire washer and dryer combo. They are the only ones that look like they are worth what i can afford, and it seems frigidaire is shit

Damn, I was looking at getting a frigidaire washer and dryer combo. They are the only ones that look like they are worth what i can afford, and it seems frigidaire is shit

I have a 2 year old Frigidaire washer and it's holding up. I have some GE dryer that's like 13 years old that still runs perfect. Than again I think GE cut back on quality material in the past few years.

I have a 2 year old Frigidaire washer and it's holding up. I have some GE dryer that's like 13 years old that still runs perfect. Than again I think GE cut back on quality material in the past few years.

I just need a set for myself. It will get like 3 loads a week....