80 rolls...........Dont be skeeeeeeeerd

neonkiller

well....meaning no offense to Matt, but while a Superhawk will likely go 140, it will pretty much fall on its face much about about 125 or so. Especially one with stock pipes and jets which tend to choke that bike up a bit. It'll get there...eventually.

Plus, most stock-ish power bikes this side of a zx14 or busa have their advanage over fast cars at slower speeds. That advantage begins to shrink as the speeds increase. I'm sure you know this already, which is why that race is good for you.

There's nothing wrong with picking a race that's good for your car. Nobody wants to purposely pick a race they'll lose...which is why you may find it hard to get people to bite on an 80 roll. It's far enough out of the ordinary that people will wonder what exactly you've got up your sleeve.

If it'll make you feel better, I'll run for fun with you on my 636 sometime, but I honestly don't really go to meets or bike night that much.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

id like to race a 35r four cylinder. for fun. why not go from 40 though? i have yet to find a good race since ive finished my car. all ive raced is a riced out cavalier (haha) and a supercharged neon that was surprisingly far behind me.

Chris, I've only had the bike up to 120ish, just because that's fast enough and I don't feel the need to go faster yet.

Last night was the first time I've actually raced anyone, so it took me a few pulls to figure out where a good starting rpm/gear was for the speed. The first one of the night I started at like 4k, and the car I was running actually put half a car on me, then we stayed even till like 100ish and then I slowly pulled. After that I started out around 5-5500rpm and the sumbitch just pulled. :D

I guess I really don't care what speed I start from AS LONG AS I can be in second gear at a decent rpm, I just can't do first, it pops up at like any rpm that I punch it, and I don't like that.

No offense taken, I've only been riding about 6 weeks, and I know my bikes not the fastest or anything but it was a good price for a first bike, and I'm pretty sure it'd run 11's if I was a good rider, and that's pretty fast for me.

Shanton....I've got to lube my chain tonight, see you there?

i love it as im bigger than the average guy its alittle uncomfy on longer rides but good power great handleing its a great bike for anything i highly recomend

well its a 97 so its a lil rougher around the edges, with carbs and the smaller front forks, but I like it. Just gotta settle on a price.

^^haha, thanks man. the hawk is carb'd and I don't notice any issues with it, afaik most bikes until like 04 were carb'd, so they know there shit.

my parents live in bexley/i graduated from bexley, lmk if you wanna ride sometime, or maybe even run, i'm down for anything, and I hear you're turboed. :D

Chris, definitely, safety is key, the bike still scares me and I am well aware of how quick something can change, its not like in a car you can just sit back and hold the wheel, but its way more enjoyable! the rush you get in a nice turn or from just a little twist, its badass.

Thank you

I don’t know how much power you actually make, but I would be willing to bet you are quite far off my ex’s power to weight ratio. I would also suspect you are on a regular ass street tire. Get some BFG’s

BTW Colt I like my tires, GoodYear Eagle F1's

for illustrating

or build a more capable car.

I have a 35r so I do not make power till way up top. I am just trying to hand in and I stress just "one" part of there powerband.

all of my points.

If you asking for an 80 roll, you should be going to 180. If you car can even do 180 without the tow assistance of Sam’s Z06 (which I doubt) and the bike you are asking to race may not even top out over 150, the race you are asking for is in fact retarded.

well....meaning no offense to Matt, but while a Superhawk will likely go 140, it will pretty much fall on its face much about about 125 or so. .

I'm confused...

There's obviously a reason why Shanton has a built engine, and a large turbo. If Shanton wanted his car to be top end oriented, what does that have to do with what you (focus) think it "should" have?

i was just simply stating what a engine of that size should have turbo wise. But what i also said was, i like what he was trying to do... but why waste so much of that cars powerband?

I'm confused...

There's obviously a reason why Shanton has a built engine, and a large turbo. If Shanton wanted his car to be top end oriented, what does that have to do with what you (focus) think it "should" have?

That was my point Nate... I am supporting Shanton and reminding you that you are attempting to argue with FuckusBoy.

;)

Chill out my Al Quada operative.

i was just simply stating what a engine of that size should have turbo wise. But what i also said was, i like what he was trying to do... but why waste so much of that cars powerband?

Couldnt a cam & vavle train package take care of that (springs and retainers maybe) Where does the car lose power at now 6500?

I think a 80 -140 is a plenty good race for a bike, and big turbo car. As for, bigger, better tires = lower roll race or even dig race; in my mind i see many more broken parts.