Roll racing

V8 Beast

Why do you think roll racing has become so popular? Also, if someone made a roll racing track do you think people would pay to do it legally?

I also hear a lot of people say real racers dont roll race. FYI, Nascar roll races... rolling start FTW!!! :p

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It puts your car's horn to use, a lot of people like that aspect of it.

Seriously I think it is for the reasons stated above. Simply not as hard on parts.

Also, it is not "cool" to talk about your suspension mods which are required if you want to actually launch with a lot of power. It is more fun to talk about the power you have added.

It puts your car's horn to use, a lot of people like that aspect of it.

Seriously I think it is for the reasons stated above. Simply not as hard on parts.

Also, it is not "cool" to talk about your suspension mods which are required if you want to actually launch with a lot of power. It is more fun to talk about the power you have added.

Soooooo true, many people are lacking in that highly needed area.

I think its popular for the same reason people like WRC, or drifting, or road courses etc etc. It's just a different aspect or take on a sport that people like to do. Not one type of race incorporates all aspects of racing, and not everyone only likes the type of expereince supplied by a single way of racing. Therefore there are multiple ways to do it.

Brian you just started a war. Here we go again on roll vs. dig.. where's the doc at I know he's got a opinion lol (j/k John) They are both fun but I think if it's a money race the dig is the most popular! I'm still a drag racing girl.. but the roll racing is fun to show HP numbers if you can't hook up from a dig on the street.

Sounds to me like people aren't building their cars right, if you have enough power to break shit off the line maybe you should have better drivetrain parts, maybe spend some money on that and not just the engine.

I've been to plenty of drag races, pro and amateur, and the "Fast" cars don't just have engine mods, they have proper suspension and drivetrain parts to handle the load.

Personally I don't care either way that much, I understand the reasons people roll race(at least on the street anyway).

Brian you just started a war. Here we go again on roll vs. dig.. where's the doc at I know he's got a opinion lol (j/k John) They are both fun but I think if it's a money race the dig is the most popular! I'm still a drag racing girl.. but the roll racing is fun to show HP numbers if you can't hook up from a dig on the street.

Who me :p

QFT... pistons can easily go bye bye form a roll, high RPM's can murder a block, etc

To be technical, faster piston speed decreases the chance of detonation or pre ignition. Not to say it can’t happen, but it’s just less likely.

I think many are referring to the drive line shock and suspension compromises one would have to be willing to make, not to mention the financial burden.

Plus it gives retards like me who drive FWD cars a chance :)

I think its popular for the same reason people like WRC, or drifting, or road courses etc etc. It's just a different aspect or take on a sport that people like to do. Not one type of race incorporates all aspects of racing, and not everyone only likes the type of expereince supplied by a single way of racing. Therefore there are multiple ways to do it.

This man is on a roll today. And for the record, I'm bi. I like to race both ways. Actually, there isn't an aspect I don't like. Track, street, dig, roll, autocross, backroading even damn offroading. I absofuckinlutely love it ALL. :D That's what a true peformance auto enthusiast is. The rest of you fuckin wake up and quite hatin on your 'brothers'. If you like it one way, the race twice, once for each style. It's so damn easy.