Roll racing

V8 Beast

Have to disagree. Not anyone can just floor it and shift gears. Again, I use Linn as an example. Even in roll racing a lot of times the driver decides the race.

True. And I think we also roll race to see whose car is faster. Then we dig race to see who is the better driver/ knows their car.

It is all relative and if you don't have the car down, roll racing will even own you. It's all just the time place and the people.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So whats grounds for winning a roll race?

Here is mine, If you are reeling someone in and they cant hold you of and you pass them you win no matter if you hit your governer or not you got your self into the race you better have plans to win and not say you lost cause you got passed at 135 when your governer is 140.

From the speed your going to start the roll from should at least be 80-100mph more when you finish.

Anyone else wanna add to the list?..

When I roll it's...

0 - 100

20 - 120

40 - 130

60 - 140

I prefer 40 rolls because I dont like to spray past 130. If I'm doing a 60 roll or higher I shut down the juice as soon as it shifts into 4th gear. In most cases they are too far away for it to make a difference anyway ;)

one point to another and the 1st one there wins…… the only way to do it ….spot out cars to make up any deference’s…….how do you know the guy your rolling with Speedo is right?? 0-100 and yours is a little slow and his is fast from a gear change…he shuts down @ 100 and wins …but only did 93mph……roll racing don’t really prove one car has more power then another unless your using the same gearing for instance my car hits the rev limit @6700 rpm with my 3.80 gears and c4- 3 speed auto ..puts it around 135 max Mph

So whats grounds for winning a roll race?

Here is mine, If you are reeling someone in and they cant hold you of and you pass them you win no matter if you hit your governer or not you got your self into the race you better have plans to win and not say you lost cause you got passed at 135 when your governer is 140.

From the speed your going to start the roll from should at least be 80-100mph more when you finish.

Anyone else wanna add to the list?..

Keep the petty shit in one thread.

I have a Bugatti, you and me race right now from an 80 roll. There is no way in hell you can win right because I would put you to shame with the top speed and you'd hit a speed/rpm wall way before I'd ever have to think about running out of engine, even if for some miracle you could hold off the Bugatti till 200mph, you'd still be the loser right? Saying you win a race because your top speed is higher is bull shit. Sounded like your race was setup to be a pissing match from the get go. It sounded like neither of you made correct terms for such race. It should have been a race to XXX mph and thats it. Not to whatever speed you guys top out at.

If one person's car is not able to go 100mph above the starting speed, but the other is, then the race obviously isn't a matched pair to begin with and will be the source for internet debate. Either find a vehicle that is a match for you, or agree to terms that you both can run together with. Racing to 160 if a car or bike can only do 140 is retarded (not saying that was what you guys agreed on).

If you setup a car to only be deadly from an 80 roll and up you leave little in the terms of competition. Most people do a 20-40 roll, not many people are going to have the setup to do an 80 roll and up. You leave yourself to pick from a select few, who seem to do more rolls from a lower speed than 80 as well. (based on watching video's and reading the ensuing threads)

I'll race you all the way from Utah. We'll both do a 20 roll, and if your car has a higher top speed you win, it doesn't matter who got to what speed faster. I depend on you to be completely honest though as we'll be racing from 1800 miles apart.

Deal?