Trucks Buying one

Crash1647545504

So i have never owned a truck, I have been shopping for trucks this past month and would like to read some opinions. (pros cons)

I am looking for somthing 4x4 no bigger than a 1500. Something that can haul a heavy load..

Looked at ford f150, dodge ram1500, silverado 1500, s-10 crew cabs, rangers so on so forth

It is something that will be driven long distances on a regular basis, driven through extream winter conditions (4ft snow storms and -30 temps), and I will be hauling heavy loads often (up to 4 motorcycles).

Thanks

Price Range? Cab configuration??

I'll give my personal preference. IMO, a quad cab is the only way to go if you want something truely well rounded.

The S10/Ranger is too small for what you really want. Can probably pull it off, but I'd suggest going with something like the others mentioned.

I'd still suggest the Avalanche if you want a quad cab. Why? It can do everything a quad cab truck can do + some stuff they can't do, and rides better. I don't have any issues pulling my boat or towing a car.

I am looking for something year 2000+ for 10 and under. The crew cab was the appeal of the s10 staying well within the price range. But i am also finding 1500 extended cab trucks for about the same price.

My brother is in used cars at Hatfield kia I know he has great deals for the people I send

to him being a sales manager ..he can do it //p.m me ill give you his number or call up there and ask for Tim Moore in used cars

this is a great deal...

do you happen to have any sitting around for under 10?

Afording a nice big barley used truck is out of my finances. Besides I am more looking for input on common problems that the trucks I listed have. And, or, suggestions on alternative vehicals within my price range, 10k and under.

do you happen to have any sitting around for under 10?

Afording a nice big barley used truck is out of my finances. Besides I am more looking for input on common problems that the trucks I listed have. And, or, suggestions on alternative vehicals within my price range, 10k and under.

Well its gonna be hard to find a good fullsize truck as new as you want without a ton of miles and capable of what you want to do for under 10k... maybe try looking for something with cosmetic damage or something, if you dont care about that. A friend of mine picked up a nice full size dodge a couple years ago that had hail damage, wasnt that bad, but you could tell. good luck

Well its gonna be hard to find a good fullsize truck as new as you want without a ton of miles and capable of what you want to do for under 10k... maybe try looking for something with cosmetic damage or something, if you dont care about that. A friend of mine picked up a nice full size dodge a couple years ago that had hail damage, wasnt that bad, but you could tell. good luck

not to hard...

in your price 10k or less a ford or Gm full size..if your wanting to do any kind of working the truck like towing unless its a single jetski.or a 12 foot john boat..get a full size...i got my 05 f150 last year with 2500 miles on it and 4 year bumper to bumper for 10k out the door ...its a base model but it gets 17-18 mpg pulling my car on the trailer thats around Ky not ohio flat road..and the newer brake systems are great

Nissan Titan ext. cab /thread ;)

...have you ever driven one before or do you think they are just pretty? They don't tow for shit, those Dana rear ends they put in those are junk. I've known multiple people who have blown out rear ends in those cars just hauling a trailer with a car shell.