CR auto shops - Pinks idea revisited

V8 Beast

Go cheap. How about an old S-10 pick up with a 454,60 over ,high compression dome pistons,big solid cam,single plane high rise intake ,big holley carb and nice shot of nos- optional, 400 turbo,rear end ? These parts are easy to get out there.

Do something different. Chevette :thumbup: Lightweight, convert to RWD, .

Chevettes are RWD - good luck finding one that is still in 1 piece.

I like the idea though - put a big cube motor in it. We could have a nitrous bottle but just use it for negotiation like that one competitor did. Oh OK have it your way we will run it all on motor but we did not tune it for that so we will need 6 cars.

As much as I hate to watch it - sandbagging is key.

didn't chevettes have printed circuit board wiring or something goofy like that? Either way I think a first gen rx7 with a mild sbc with a junkyard twin turbo setup and megasquirt would be a real fun idea. Cut out the rear fenders and install a solid rear end, could be a good time.

Chevettes are RWD - good luck finding one that is still in 1 piece.

I like the idea though - put a big cube motor in it. We could have a nitrous bottle but just use it for negotiation like that one competitor did. Oh OK have it your way we will run it all on motor but we did not tune it for that so we will need 6 cars.

As much as I hate to watch it - sandbagging is key.

Here you go Casey,http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1983-WHITE-CHEVY-CHEVETTE-YES-ITS-A-CHEVETTE_W0QQitemZ230145057978QQihZ013QQcategoryZ6173QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Here you go Casey,http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1983-WHITE-CHEVY-CHEVETTE-YES-ITS-A-CHEVETTE_W0QQitemZ230145057978QQihZ013QQcategoryZ6173QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Classic - you know things are bad when your 1983 Chevette is repo'd.

"Be the envy of all your friends in this one!"

You guys don't seem to watch the show. It doesn't realy matter how fast the car it only how fast your mouth is. I think we use Anthony's company paid for ford 500 and get sonney or the don king powers or linn even to to do the mouth wagging.

Realy though a stock appearing light turbo car with a medium turbo and a in car electric boost controller so you "just" win each race but it sounds like it is floored and "all she's got" is the best addition to a quick talking guy at the line

The 2.3T mustang is my vote, though I'm partial.

The mustang is cliche, but the 2.3T in it would not be, and they can be built STRONG. This would be an easy kill as no one thinks the 2.3T can be fast.

Huber put his *79 mustang* in the 8.90's with the 2.3T. Albiet his is an all purpose stroked race engine, still though, a stock block, aftermarket internals and head, kick ass header, huge turbo and standalone would get a gutted mustang into the 9's easily.

*edited because I confused Morgans Focus with Hubers Stang*

That Chevette reminds me of my first car, a gray 1984 Chevette. It was actually a pretty good car until I put it into a utility pole. Even though I destroyed the car, I only ended up with a broken hip and I couldn't walk for 2 months. My goal was to put a 350 in it for fun, but of course it didn't last long enough. I would be completely up for putting some big block fun into a Chevette.

The 2.3T mustang is my vote, though I'm partial.

The mustang is cliche, but the 2.3T in it would not be, and they can be built STRONG. This would be an easy kill as no one thinks the 2.3T can be fast.

Huber put his focus in the 8.90's with the 2.3T. Albiet his is an all purpose stroked race engine, still though, a stock block, aftermarket internals and head, kick ass header, huge turbo and standalone would get a gutted mustang into the 9's easily.

why not do a Ford 2.3T in a Chevette?

Guest The Celtic Savage
I can get you 2 older street cars with licensed Cobra kits 1 runs the other use for parts. Engine works. only $1800 for both. I am saving up to buy them, but with no job I still can't, but I can if others pitch in and we all own it and work on it.

why not do a Ford 2.3T in a Chevette?

becuase I'm willing to donate a car thats already swapped it just needs chipped/ tuned, the suspsion set up for a digger, and the turbo sorted out

I even have an 8.8 for and a built c-4 if we want to make it really nasty

Dave has a chassis and capable engine already offered. A few grand (spent properly) and that car could be the cats ass and surprise alot of people.

Honestly, why keep debating about the chassis since one is offered and its solid.

You guys should start focusing on getting some shops to donate time/money/parts.

Make it a perfect runner and the first race could all but be your's. Who's going to believe a 4 cylinder can run against a XXX big block car? Get some lengths up front since you're running a small engine. Then you can have some negotiation room from there out.

Engine:

Esslinger Aluminum D-port or SVO head. (could have it professionally ported/polished for max flow like you wouldn't believe)

Esslinger cam to match (2277 maybe and appropriate valve train)

Stock block

Aftermarket rods/pistons

Stock 2.3 large main journal crank should be fine (they are good to ~700 HP)

Aftermarket header (few choices out there, either log style or equal length header style)

Big turbo (split scroll maybe with appropriate pared 1,3 2,4 header)

FMIC (lots of good ones to choose from)

Nitrous (150 shot for fun)

LARGE injectors (maybe 150lb/hr for big HP)(or custom intake with two rails and 8 injectors)

Meth injection

Stock modified intakes or custom one off's

65mm throttle body

Trans:

Built C4 for consistancy and simplicity

Rear end:

8.8 with spool

Management:

Megasquirt's are cheap and easy

yada yada yada

It could be done on the cheap or fairly expensive depending on who can make parts or who can get deals.

my buddy out in pittsburgh goes to a shop that i guess was having a little battle w/ another shop...they put a built ls1 with a big shot of spray into a 240sx. ill have to get with him and see what the result of that ever was...it was last summer