AutoX at OSU this Sunday...

Dr. Apex

This sunday is points event #5 at the Buckeye lot on Ackerman rd. As always it's open to everyone with a safe car and drivers license.

Open registration has 30 spots for people to show up and register at the event, but these fill quickly and usually by 7-7:30am. If you don't want to have to be there that early get yourself registered on http://www.dlbracing.com and look for the "OVR" event on the calendar and register. Doing it this way you can show up as late as 8-8:30am. Just remember you need time to go through tech, walk the course, etc.....Any questions just ask.

Let's hope it's not as hot as last weekend though!! :thumbdown

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chris, there are only a few classes for the Evo's to run in. If stock they are in "A Stock". If you have minor suspension, street tires, and engine bolt-ons that DON'T increase boost you could probably run in "STU". If your boost is turned up, or the BOV has been modified your are squarely in "SM" which allows slicks.

Let me know your mods and I can tell you exactly where you will be.

Ed, diesel fuel works great on asphalt and it's sealer, just don't get too much on your shoes as diesel eats everything!!

All i have are bolt on's and i do have a boost controller but I can make it only run 19 psi if needs be; or i can very easily switch the lines back to the stock solenoid. The BOV could be an issue as well unless i can get ahold of a stock one to borrow. The only other issue i was seeing is my 255 tires and 9 inch rims. My suspension mods are springs and rear sway bar

If they're four lugs, lemme know.

The RX-7 is flooded and since classes started, I've had no time to remedy the problem. I would like to run this weekend, just to see the Omni's capabilities, but a bad PS pump is making me think twice about it, and a replacement can't be here in time ($40 as opposed to $80 locally for the same part)

All i have are bolt on's and i do have a boost controller but I can make it only run 19 psi if needs be; or i can very easily switch the lines back to the stock solenoid. The BOV could be an issue as well unless i can get ahold of a stock one to borrow. The only other issue i was seeing is my 255 tires and 9 inch rims. My suspension mods are springs and rear sway bar

The controller and BOV put you squarely in SM. You could switch it all back but probably not worth it. If you do you should be able to run STU, but I'll have to check on that. If the rims put you out of STU then you'd run with me in BSP!!

If you make it to the event come find me and we'll get it figured out.

If they're four lugs, lemme know.

The RX-7 is flooded and since classes started, I've had no time to remedy the problem. I would like to run this weekend, just to see the Omni's capabilities, but a bad PS pump is making me think twice about it, and a replacement can't be here in time ($40 as opposed to $80 locally for the same part)

If you need a hand wrenching, let me know. I'll be around this afternoon as well as thurs and fri.

PS. Real men don't need powersteering for autocross

I fixed MR2 last night, had some Oil Fouled spark plugs apparently because of the valve cover gaskets or something. I am trying to register and it wont let me select a class, which pretty much nulls and voids the rest of the document. Registration isnt closed yet, is it?

The controller and BOV put you squarely in SM. You could switch it all back but probably not worth it. If you do you should be able to run STU, but I'll have to check on that. If the rims put you out of STU then you'd run with me in BSP!!

If you make it to the event come find me and we'll get it figured out.

sounds good

are you allowed to removed things like the spare tire, rear seats or anything like that?

autocross is boring............ ;)

Only because you suck at it. I noticed your not coming this weekend, and I don't blame you with 7 drivers already registered they will whoop the duster!!!

Chris, the trunk contents are allowed. Other classes it varies, most any "Street" class means street car and thus the interior must be there.