AutoX at OSU this Sunday...

Dr. Apex

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You will be in "SM" class, slicks are allowed though the really fast STi won't be there sunday. You won't win the class, but you could possibly compete with some of the cars.

Come out and have fun, if your too concerned with winning you'll end up being dissapointed until you have a competitive car and can drive it well.

like I posted above, I couldnt register.

Don't know what to tell you except choose the "mail in check" option if you can and put in a note to the registrar(theres an option for that too). If not be there by 7am sunday for an open spot Pat.

You will be in "SM" class, slicks are allowed though the really fast STi won't be there sunday. You won't win the class, but you could possibly compete with some of the cars.

Come out and have fun, if your too concerned with winning you'll end up being dissapointed until you have a competitive car and can drive it well.

im not really thinking about winning the class but i don't wanna be blown out of the water

This would be my first time doing auto x

im not really thinking about winning the class but i don't wanna be blown out of the water

You probably will, a lot of those guys get really into that stuff and are pretty talented. If I can get some rubber I'm going to try to make it to next weeks event, it will be my first time as well.

In the SM class there are a variety of cars so it's very unlikely you would be last, and as I said the STi that owns the class won't be there. You have a fast enough car so don't worry.

Only because you suck at it. I noticed your not coming this weekend, and I don't blame you with 7 drivers already registered they will whoop the duster!!

ah yes the lucky number seven, pre reg. earlier today my dear watson.

Guest GMoney
I would like to go on sunday but I have never ran in autox. I have a WRX with upgraded turbo and frontmount. I believe I am in SM class. I saw the register tip any other tips for a first time autox

I would like to go on sunday but I have never ran in autox. I have a WRX with upgraded turbo and frontmount. I believe I am in SM class. I saw the register tip any other tips for a first time autox

You are in "SM" class. If you have some blus painters tape, bring that so you can make your numbers on your car. You can bring your own helmet as long as it's DOT and Snell M95 rated or newer. Sunblock, air gauge if you have one, make sure your oil level is topped off and enough fuel so you don't get fuel starve, chair. Just come out and have fun. If you didn't register online BE THERE BY 7AM!! The 30 walk-up registrations fill up fast.

I'm really looking forward to this. I hope that my new set of slicks allows me to be more competitive in my class.

Unfortunately, I'll be there bright and early tomorrow morning to put them on (uggh!)

Any idea of the run order of the heats? I hate working the course in session 4!!!

PS. I was on 315 tonight and it looks like the course may already be laid out. Time to sneak over there and take spy shots of the setup! kidding kidding

I'm really looking forward to this. I hope that my new set of slicks allows me to be more competitive in my class.

Unfortunately, I'll be there bright and early tomorrow morning to put them on (uggh!)

Any idea of the run order of the heats? I hate working the course in session 4!!!

PS. I was on 315 tonight and it looks like the course may already be laid out. Time to sneak over there and take spy shots of the setup! kidding kidding

How about some midnight runs? I have always wanted to autox at night.

Fun time out today. The course was much harder than it looked.

The slicks gave my car a huge boost as far as being competitive. I can now carry speed through corners :eek:

Placed 6 of 13 in my class. Had I been 0.15 seconds faster, I could be kissing a trophy right now!

You looked iffy at first, I could tell you weren't sure how much grip the tires would have yet. Have faith in the tires and when you learn to truly utilize them you'll be a ton faster.

Good time today, I wasn't too keen on the course as it seemed to have no rhythm for me and I couldn't get the car where I wanted. It tells me I need to get more practice on these types of courses. I still had my best pax finish of 14th and 7th place overall but I know I could of done better.

Seat time, seat time!!

my car still does not feel right, for some reason. its got to be the lack of 4 hoosiers. it felt better than last meet, but the car still feels off for some reason. it mainly be due to OSU s track and its many off camber turns. anywho it was fun, cheers.

gray

7 GS

Mr. Autox, you hit it exactly. The first couple runs I took, I was scraping debris off from my tires' previous track day at mid ohio. Talk about iffy! Also,racing on slicks is completely different than on my streets. The slicks grip more, but I am not used to the point where they break away. Maybe I'm on crack, but it seems like the slicks are a little less predictable once they start to lose it.

Chief, I again bow down to you and the invincible duster. Good work man.

Heh, anyone that watched me in the Laser knows I had no trouble sliding around that fwd!!! Pat, fwd's are very predictable, they are gauranteed to understeer in every corner!!

Ed, the slicks are a whole different beast, don't expect them to just pull you through a corner, you still need to brake before you turn, you'll just be doing it all a lot faster than the street tires. Look to average about 2 secs faster a lap then the street tires!!

Guest saturn

anyone see me out there? the hyundai that got slaughtered in DSP

(some guy there refused to let me run in a stock class or STS... just because I have a CAI? ugh)

Pat, fwd's are very predictable, they are gauranteed to understeer in every corner!!

This is what I thought too! However, on that tight, off camber, right turn directly after the slalom, I got OVERsteer every time! Caught me completely off guard the first lap!

PS. that miata that I checked out turned out to be a POS. Literally, if the car was in the junkyard, there was not one part on it worth scrapping.

anyone see me out there? the hyundai that got slaughtered in DSP

(some guy there refused to let me run in a stock class or STS... just because I have a CAI? ugh)

I took my intake off so that I could run in GS...