167 MPH, true?

Akula

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

“The slightest mistake would have been disastrous for not only him but those in the area as well”

Was he carrying a load of VX nerve gas, or maybe some ebola? Sensationalizing every little story doesn't happen by itself though, does it?

Yea because 500+lbs hitting a car at 167mph wont do shit to a car.

So I'm just reading this recreationally and I come along something that bares quoting:

“The slightest mistake would have been disastrous for not only him but those in the area as well”

Was he carrying a load of VX nerve gas, or maybe some ebola? Sensationalizing every little story doesn't happen by itself though, does it?

No, they're not sensationalizing at all. How much does a bike weigh? How much force does that equal at 180mph? Don't be an idiot and think that driving that fast only risks your stupid ass.

Dead people:

http://elsmar.com/pdf_files/Weird%20Pictures/Car%20motorcycle%20wreck.jpg

http://wallstreetjackass.typepad.com/raptureready/images/motorcycle_car_crash.jpg

http://www.driveandstayalive.com/images/crashes-and-scenes/motorbike-inside-vw_sweden_2005_upplandsbrobil463.jpg

"OMG you should run from the cops!" is dumb...but it is correct, you don't have to puch too hard to lose them. But assuming that 400lb at 160mph isn't going to hurt anyone is just stupid.

Bikes, just like every other vehicle, are a risk to everything around them.

First point: for those who think you can't make a positive ID on a bike doing 160+, I participate in races at Maxton, NC which are legal top speed races and have seen turbo-busas do a legitimate 250+ mph and you can still identify the bike, color, leathers, helmet, and more.........no, I couldn't get a plate. It's not a blur if you follow it in motion.

Second point: a bike will not wreck upon hitting an imperfection in the road at that speed. Instead, they are quite stable and able to be steered by a rider who is not consumed with fear.

Final point: challenge the radar. Ask for the calibration records and any visual evidence of the speed. These instruments notoriously have trouble picking up bikes over 100 mph unless the rider is all by themselves on the road.

Second point: a bike will not wreck upon hitting an imperfection in the road at that speed. Instead, they are quite stable and able to be steered by a rider who is not consumed with fear.

Troo

I've seen bikes hit expansion joints at 100, both wheels off the ground, and moving along like nothing happened.

Troo

I've seen bikes hit expansion joints at 100, both wheels off the ground, and moving along like nothing happened.

I have seen such an event while the Motorhead himself was passing me IN A TURN ON THE FUCKING SHOULDER on one wheel. I was doing in the area of 120mph at the time.

He never flinched out of his tuck-probably the most rediculous thing I have seen done on a bike.