Help buying a bike

Main3s

Just wanted to know where is a good place to buy a bike in/ around Columbus? I want to get something small (a 750 maybe) to start with. This will be my 1st bike but I don't know of any dealerships. Also does anybody have a suggestion for a starter bike. Like I said this will be my 1st bike, I've ridden dirt bikes so i know how to ride, but i just want to get comfortable with a street bike. thanks!

Just wanted to know where is a good place to buy a bike in/ around Columbus? I want to get something small (a 750 maybe) to start with. This will be my 1st bike but I don't know of any dealerships. Also does anybody have a suggestion for a starter bike. Like I said this will be my 1st bike, I've ridden dirt bikes so i know how to ride, but i just want to get comfortable with a street bike. thanks!

lol, 750 isnt exactly small.

i'm selling my 600 soon if thats of interest to you, its an 05 with 4400 on it, yosh pipe on it.

ideally it'd be much smarter to start on something like an EX500, but most people don't want to do that because they're slow, and have out-dated styling.

SV650 would be a GREAT first bike that can take you very far riding ability wise as well.

but, alas, most people get their egos into it and will get a 600 4-cyllinder or bigger, in that case...just by mine in the corral ;)

how much pior riding experince do you havE?

racing motocross really didnt do shit for me and i did it for years..

generally riding it helped.. but shit happens alot faster and fifferent on the street.

and the other shit on the road is ALOT bigger.. and hurts alot more.

lol, 750 isnt exactly small.

i'm selling my 600 soon if thats of interest to you, its an 05 with 4400 on it, yosh pipe on it.

That would be a good bike. Low miles and extras. Or go to Honda Northwest. Those guy will take good care of you. :nod: My first bike was and is an 2005 CBR600RR. I bought from Honda Northwest.

EX500 and such are a good starter bike but you will out grow it quick!!

my first was a 98 gsx-r 750... so to each his own .. u want a 750.. get one.. jsut dont kill yourself and youll be ok..

i think 600 are a shade small.... ive ridden a few busa's and after cracking them i get on my bike and scare myself.

my first was a 98 gsx-r 750... so to each his own .. u want a 750.. get one.. jsut dont kill yourself and youll be ok..

LOL yeah I guess killing myself on a bike would definatly rank up there in the catagory of NOT being okay.

But some of the people I've talked to said that a 750 would be a nice beginer bike. I don't really have a lot of experience so I'll probably end up playing it safe on a 600 before I take the jump to a 750-1000.

LOL yeah I guess killing myself on a bike would definatly rank up there in the catagory of NOT being okay.

But some of the people I've talked to said that a 750 would be a nice beginer bike. I don't really have a lot of experience so I'll probably end up playing it safe on a 600 before I take the jump to a 750-1000.

i guarantee my 600 will more than scare you shitless if you ride it correctly ;)

If you have time, definitely check various bike forums. You can usually find a good deal in the classified sections.

If you want to go to a dealership I would suggest Honda NW. I hear nothing but good things about them.

How much money are you trying to spend? Do you have a particular make in mind?