LSX owners stop in..

V8 Beast

If you are planning on upgrading your valve springs I suggest that you do not get the beehive springs (part # usually ends in 918, they also have a blue mark on the top of them). Go with the duals just to be safe. These things are breaking all over the place.

If by chance you already have them warm your car up for at least a minute. I would also suggest that you dont open it up until the car is at normal running temperature.

It seems that this is the 2nd time the Comp 918s are having issues.

The 1st rule for anyone going to aftermarket valve springs is to get some heat in the engine before you go for a drive.

Dual springs can also break but less of a chance of dropping a valve. I've read and heard of people chasing a misfire problem and it ended up being a broken dual spring. Their cars ran fine for the most part though.

It seems that this is the 2nd time the Comp 918s are having issues.

The 1st rule for anyone going to aftermarket valve springs is to get some heat in the engine before you go for a drive.

Dual springs can also break but less of a chance of dropping a valve. I've read and heard of people chasing a misfire problem and it ended up being a broken dual spring. Their cars ran fine for the most part though.

+1

Almost 600 to the wheels on the street setup.

Its also throwing off misfire codes. I definitely broke something :mad:

I think I may have got a bad batch, because I baby the hell out of it until I hit the freeway.