60 mph + 16 ft boats + choppy water

Sam1647545489

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I miss boating :(. When my dad sold the boat way back in 97ish to buy a conversion van for trips. That was the last time I was really on one.

My dad won the lottery at Alum creek way back when and we had a dock space there for like 4 years. That was the shit. Jump in the boat, untie it and you were off.

Theyre both seadoos

Hmmm.... Didn't notice the Red one as a Sea Doo.

My cousin has a 3 seater Sea Doo. Bitchin' Boat. But....I am pretty sure it is nowhere NEAR that fast!

If that is the case DAYUM!!!!

If I had to get a boat, it would be the 5 seater Sea Doo. Nice size and decent performance. If cash were no option.... Cobalt Twin 454 all the way :D

KillJoy

Damn that looks like fun! Is there a speed limit? I dont boat so I wouldnt know if you could get in trouble for going too fast.

The only speed limit is a no wake zone, which is idel speed... around 4 or 5mph... other than that, as long as your more than 300ft from shore, you can get as far up on plane as you want.... Fountain sells PLEASURE boats that are garaunteed to hit 121mph right off the showroom floor, after the proper 20hr break in period ;)

Fountain sells PLEASURE boats that are garaunteed to hit 121mph right off the showroom floor, after the proper 20hr break in period ;)

HOLY FUCK!

60 feels like 100 on a bike!

That is CRAZY NUTS!!!

Where do I sign up?

:D

HOLY FUCK!

60 feels like 100 on a bike!

That is CRAZY NUTS!!!

Where do I sign up?

:D

you should feel 109 on a waverunner ;) I have to match that one. Just dont dump it over 85, i did at 84, and pretty much decided i shoulda died.

http://www.fountainpowerboats.com/boats/sport/images/35ltg3_wp1024.jpg

http://www.fountainpowerboats.com/boats/sport/35LTG_over.asp

am i the only who thinks they are idiots for doing that..

well outside of every other boater out on the lake

perfectly acceptable behavior as long as noone else is around. I think a lake like Cumberland is more suitable for toying around like that though.

OMFG!

What the Fuck was done to the WR????? Boost???

KillJoy

It was a Waveraider 701, with the 1100 motor, very steep impellar, widemouth intake grate, 9in nozzel extension, Riva exhaust, waterbox, big bore carbs, head, long boy ride plate, and 70 a shot. It would do about 87 off the bottle, and the fastest i ever had the nerve to wiat for on the spray was 109... with ~1in chop... im sure that if i had done it at about 5am when the water was like glass... and i had the balls... i dont think 115 wouldve been out of the question. To cut down the wind resistance, i would pull my feet up and lay on the seat with my legs strait back, tuck my elbows down and glance up over the bars every 3 or 4 seconds. At that speed, body armour is your friend. Lifejackets with kevlar plates will save your life.

It was a Waveraider 701, with the 1100 motor, very steep impellar, widemouth intake grate, 9in nozzel extension, Riva exhaust, waterbox, big bore carbs, head, long boy ride plate, and 70 a shot. It would do about 87 off the bottle, and the fastest i ever had the nerve to wiat for on the spray was 109... with ~1in chop

GD Dude!!! I have GOT to say...you got bigger ones than I! Most I have done is 80-ish on a Boosted Sea Doo, and I could NOT "grip it and rip it" all the way!!!

And yes...Cumberland...100MPH is NOT uncommon in the LEAST! Off Shore racers go there for their "Fun" Time :D !!!!!

There are a few V-Hull racers who were racing that was crazy nuts! Those guys were WAAAAAAAAAAY over 100 and were balls to the wall for well over 1/2 mile!!

Damn I love boat races!!! The super light mods are even MORE nuts!!! Supercharged Big Blocks on itty bitty boats running damn near 200MPH! THOSE guys are the TRUELY crazy guys...

KillJoy

Okay.... I just re-watched the video. At the end of the day...which ended up being the "faster" boat, the Twin, or the Boosted?????

KillJoy

PS - Yup...BOTH are Sea Doos ;) Sorry for the R-Tard-ism

The boosted one was faster. Specs on both boats

Mine- red and white:

98 sea doo

110hp rotax motors X2

16 ft long

5 seater

30 gallon fuel tank

54mph gps

Andrews- yellow and white

07 sea doo

215 single s/c rotax

15 ft long

4 seater

13 gallon fuel tank

57-58 gps

The boosted one was faster. Specs on both boats

Mine- red and white:

Andrews- yellow and white

What kind of gas do those end up using?

My Bud Randy ends up using about 175 Gallons / weekend w/ his Fountain Blown Big Block w/ "mild" playing. Damn boat gets on plane and skoots like it's NOTHING! I watched him dump 60 Gallons in it and we drained it one fucking afternoon!

I did mention I like top end boats....right :D

KillJoy

:thumbup: